Thread: who makes a stock for a SKS M

Feedback Score

who makes a stock for a SKS M

ive looked but have had no luck , i may have to roll the dice and buy one and modify it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like aftermarket? Probably no one. That train is long gone. No one is interested in SKSs aside from collecting.

If you're looking for one to return to original config then definitely no one

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i have both stocks that are original to this variant , its the rifle that was factory altered to accept standard AK mags , i have a original thumbhole and a original monte carlo type

i was thinking about one of the more modern composites they have out now , but they ,all are for the standard 10 round mag , none for the AK variant , the trigger guard assembly for the stock setup is like 2 inches longer than the AK mag setup , there is a bunch to choose from for the stock SKS rifles , just none for a Norinco M or D rifle

ive had this rifle for years and im bored with it , so i figured i would modern it up without doing anything permanent to bring the fun back into it , i have several others that are original stock rifles

pulling measurements , where the AK magwell is the stock measures 1 3/4 inches , if i measure from the foremost front of the trigger assembly to that point and then measure it on a standard SKS it measures 1 3/4 inches , and the carries on and tapers in

so if i were to buy one for a standard rifle i should have the meat to play with to alter it , i would just have to figure out what to do with the plow for the extra 2 inches that was intended for the standard trigger assembly

went with the Promag Arch Angel in black , price was right and it had the part that finished off behind the receiver cover nicely ,going to look nice

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With that stock it will have a little bit of a resemblance to a Chicom Type 81 rifle.

Hopefully Promag’s stocks are better quality than their magazines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    With that stock it will have a little bit of a resemblance to a Chicom Type 81 rifle.

Hopefully Promag’s stocks are better quality than their magazines.
    yea , thanks , i think it will do the old girl justice and prompt me to pull it out more often , i will just store the wood stocks away , they seem to be like hens teeth these days

i didnt come across any bad reviews , in fact the lowest was a 4 and it wasnt anything that raised a eyebrow ,so all positive and they said it was a good snug fit , has a life time warranty so i went for it , didnt know about their mags , thanks for that heads up , i do magpul for the AR platforms and i have so many steel Poly tech AK mags with the chrome followers i bet i have about 20 that are still in wrap

i was contemplating grabbing like 4 magpul AK gen 3 mags and try running them through the paces , i like the idea of eliminating the metal on metal contact
    Last edited by hoopharted; 12-26-20 at 18:25. Reason: spell