Thread: Found spacers for 10mm / .40 dies

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Found spacers for 10mm / .40 dies

RCBS can sell you spacers of the correct thickness so you can set up your dies for .38 spl and .44 spl, and then just use the spacer for .357 mag and .44 mag. The spacer is the same thickness as the difference in case length. You use these on all dies except the sizing die.

But they don't make a similar one for .40 / 10mm. I emailed RCBS and got no response.

I found a guy on ebay that does. For less than $20 you get three spacers. I measured mine and they're 0.142", which is what they need to be.

This saves reloaders from either buying a new set of dies (minus sizing die) or re-adjusting every time.

See mex1910 on ebay.

NOTE: I'm not advertising for this and didn't get anything free. If this violates a rule mods please delete. I'm just passing it along to help other loaders.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The reloading accessories cottage industry with nationwide/worldwide exposure is something I have been noticing since I started reloading again in mid 2019 after about a 15 year hiatus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    But they don't make a similar one for .40 / 10mm. I emailed RCBS and got no response.

I found a guy on ebay that does. For less than $20 you get three spacers. I measured mine and they're 0.142", which is what they need to be.

This saves reloaders from either buying a new set of dies (minus sizing die) or re-adjusting every time.
    At 14TPI that is what? Two full turns of the die to move that far? (2 / 14 = .1428)

And you still have to remove the die (unscrew it all the way out) to get the shims in there before you tighten it back down so...

Sounds like a lot of work to move the dies such a short / known distance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had not considered spacers when adjusting dies from .38 Special to .357 Magnum lengths. I am always on the lookout for a better mousetrap.

I currently measure the distance the dies protrude from the bottom of the tool head for each caliber and log the data in my reloading log book. As DG23 pointed out a 7/8"-14 TPI thread moves 0.0714" per revolution or 0.012" per flat. That information will get you close and quite often you won't have to make additional adjustments.
    Train 2 Win