Thread: Fingerprints for ATF eform1

Feedback Score

Fingerprints for ATF eform1

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

I submitted 2 eform's 1 for SBRs on 12/06. If i understand this correctly, ATF is supposed to send me a email with a cover letter. I am then to print the cover letter and send it back to them with 2 copies of my fingerprints (per application). Am I correct on this? All I have to do is wait for their email? Does it take awhile before one receives the email? Sorry for all the questions, this is my first time doing this. Thanks for reading.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It should be within hours. I have missed even email of approval before and have to download the approved stamp by login in again to the eForm site. If it's 12/06 you already missed the 10 days period to send in fingerprints. You might have to email or call them to resolve this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you’re looking at their email from an iPhone the attachments might not show up. This just happened with mine but when I opened the email in gmail.com in the browser the attachments were there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea if it hasn't shown up after 24 hours tops I would give them a call. I've heard some people doing Form 1 cans will have it take weeks because they made up a new model name instead of choosing one from the dropdown, but outside of that I've never heard of someone not getting it within a few hours. Be sure and check your spam folder and all that.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. Like an idiot, I didn't realize that I had it all the time. Rushed to the post office and sent it in anyway. Oh well, live and learn. Thank you again.

Feedback Score
    Happy New Year. Thought I would let you all know. That I mailed in my fingerprints on 12/26, and received my approvals today. I did expect the stamps to have a little more WOW factor to them. Oh well my first two. Maybe 2 more in a few weeks. Thanks everyone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The cover letters say you have to mail the prints in 10 days. You send them in 20 and it still worked? Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Yea if it hasn't shown up after 24 hours tops I would give them a call. I've heard some people doing Form 1 cans will have it take weeks because they made up a new model name instead of choosing one from the dropdown, but outside of that I've never heard of someone not getting it within a few hours. Be sure and check your spam folder and all that.
    I fell into that trap. I said screw it, applied for another Form 1 stamp and e-mailed them to cancel the first one. I'm not waiting for a bureaucrat to "research" my made up model number for 8 weeks. I'd rather wait 4 months for a refund then wait months for them to do something which takes 5 minutes.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I missed the fingerprint card email after I e-filed a Form 1. It's been about a month. Do they eventually reject if they don't receive the cards? If so, how long does it typically take? Or, do they wait for you to send the cards and then reject?

Feedback Score
    Since this was my first time, and it was during the holidays. I just took a chance. Now that I know better, I won’t let that happen again. I would think that after a point, it will get rejected. After how long, I am not sure. I am also not sure about when the rejection would take place. I did go onto the website and checked my status. It stated pending, so that’s what started my inquiries here, as well as going forward with taking a chance. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    FYI, I got approval on the efiled Form 1 where I waited about a month to send in the fingerprint cards. I guess they're being a little more forgiving.