Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's "Retro" series

Feedback Score
    Hey GRA556-
    What twist is your 605? Assume mine is 1:12, snagged it at a gunshow from a vendor I know, for maybe $150.
    The gas port is whatever Brownells makes them; as noted, it runs great on one BCG but not another.
    Really like mine; like iron sights, and still shoot them pretty well for a codger; appreciate the full sight radius on a carbine.
    Thanks,
    Moon

Feedback Score
    On a related note, Windham Weaponry is doing a special run of slick-sided (no forward assist) rifles to test the market. No idea on the barrel twist rate but probably 1:7 or 1:9. Not sure if that's an A1 or A2 buttstock:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    On a related note, Windham Weaponry is doing a special run of slick-sided (no forward assist) rifles to test the market. No idea on the barrel twist rate but probably 1:7 or 1:9. Not sure if that's an A1 or A2 buttstock:

The A1's they put out earlier with C7 uppers used an A2 barrel and A2 stock. This looks to be the same except the slick side.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    The A1's they put out earlier with C7 uppers used an A2 barrel and A2 stock. This looks to be the same except the slick side.
    Yeah Windham’s complete “Retro” rifle offerings have been pretty phoned in. Although I did use one of their C7 stripped uppers for my 733 clone.

Feedback Score
    I think Windham went for the retro "look" more than anything else, with a hodgepodge of A1 and A2 features. They probably decided to use barrels they had on hand rather than springing for the 1:12 type. At any rate, these seem to be selling well for them.

Feedback Score
    The 605 I first built has the 20” 1-7” twist cut to 16.1” with the gas port brought out to .107 and it works great in my Gulf Coast Texas climate. Gas port can go out to .110 but that is maximum size according to US Army regulations.

I have since replaced the barrel with the 1x12” twist barrel later offered by Brownells.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    I have one of the Brownells XM177E2 Upper Receivers 1-12 Twist 12.7 barrel. I was going to make a GAU-5 copy but was lucky enough to come across a “lightly used Bushmaster xm15. I can say the Bushmaster upper is much heavier that the Brownells. I have debated keeping both uppers but I think I will let the Brownells go as I really don’t need it. Cant seem to find a whole lot of info on the Bushmaster though.
    Last edited by Deltabronco; 02-04-21 at 19:03. Reason: Crappy spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltabronco View Post
    Cant seem to find a whole lot of info on the Bushmaster though.
    This has evolved in to what is now the Dissipator offered by Windham Weapons, or so I have been told.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if I could call bushmaster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltabronco View Post
    Wonder if I could call bushmaster
    That company was sold off in the Remington bankruptcy (I forget who ended up with it). So getting any information may be problematic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast