Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recoil pad for special application

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Limbsavers are great, but if they don't fit a slip on Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil Pad may.

Pach Deceleratory Slip On.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also, you can buy a vest with gel pad in it, my shotgun shooting vest made with a pocket in a shoulder area. Gel pad I made myself from computer mouse pad.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba9999 View Post
    Also, you can buy a vest with gel pad in it, my shotgun shooting vest made with a pocket in a shoulder area. Gel pad I made myself from computer mouse pad.
    I guess you type without reading the earlier post.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    FWIW, a Springco blue spring and heavier buffer makes a significant difference in felt recoil. I just proved that to a buddy with a brand new DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Increasing the total gun weight is the most effective way to reduce felt recoil without using a brake.

You can temporarily add mass with adhesive weights designed for balancing tires:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-qu...hts-67225.html

Another vote for the limbsaver recoil pad as well.

Andy
    Yeah the stick on weights would work well. Stop by a tire shop and grab some lead ones and get more weight for the area versus steel or zinc.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If it's shoulder related issues and the gun isn't gassed to death, the Vltor Modstock and slip on butt pad might be a good solution.

Attachment 64740

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Before anything, check to see which buffer the AR has. If it's a carbine weight buffer, replace it with an H2.

Carbine weight buffers are too light and the result is sharp recoil.

Increasing the overall weight of an AR will reduce free recoil, but may not help it feel any softer.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and insights. I'll follow-up with the final solution and results. It'll probably be a month or more.

Feedback Score
    If the rifle is overgassed, a brt tuned gas tube will drastically smooth out the recoil.

I could not believe the difference before and after on my bcm 11.5.
    The idea is to flatten the curve and make it longer... like covid lol.

Feedback Score
    Limb saver is my recommendation for a recoil pad.
    My go to pad for shotguns, only two of my ARs have limbsavers as it’s kinda overkill but comfy.
    Another option is the Fab Defense ‘recoil reducing’ stock. Never tried one but do have a Fab Def GL-CORE stock.

And of course, maybe an adjustable gas block or gas key? Stop the recoil at the source.

My first AR upper was a RRA 16” carbine HBAR, WAAAY over gassed. Not fun. So my next upper was the polar opposite, a BCM middy 14.5” pinned pencil profile. Uber light and half the recoil. Still my favorite.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast