Thread: Major Oil Refinery Explosion in Oregon, Ohio

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Major Oil Refinery Explosion in Oregon, Ohio

Next to Toldeo. Story up now on CFP with all the stats of production from this facility..its a lot.
    No word as to cause..but last I saw there injured & missing. May God be with them.
    Gas in my AO just went under $3 a gallon last week.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 09-21-22 at 01:13.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    BP, say no more. My son in law works at Marathon's cooperate head quarters. They bought the BP refinery in Texas City after an explosion there. He said the refinery and culture there was terrible. I took a while to straighten things out.

Feedback Score
    Great I'm 40 miles north of there so this will translate to $6 a gallon for gas going forward.

Feedback Score
    I'm in a north 'burb of Toledo. Local news says it was a fire & only two were injured. Not sure if an explosion caused the fire. Local news is as bad a national for accurate reporting.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was something akin to the food processing plants that spontaneously combust.
    Last edited by Delta-3; 09-21-22 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Next to Toldeo. Story up now on CFP with all the stats of production from this facility..its a lot.
    No word as to cause..but last I saw there injured & missing. May God be with them.
    Gas in my AO just went under $3 a gallon last week.
    I will certainly be watching how this develops. Last week, the price of 87 octane went down to $3.79, which is the lowest it's been for months.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This morning news said 2 people burned.

Not it's 2 people dead and several injured.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    BP, say no more. My son in law works at Marathon's cooperate head quarters. They bought the BP refinery in Texas City after an explosion there. He said the refinery and culture there was terrible. I took a while to straighten things out.
    That ain't no bullshit right there. I use design gas stations back in the '90s, BP and Arco were the cheapest POS gas companies second only to Pemex who we eventually had to tell to fcvk off for not paying there bills despite service stations blowing up right and left in Mexico City. I avoid both.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    That's what I meant about their "accurate" reporting.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, the LE agency I’m retired from always bought Standard Oil gasoline because they always kept us supplied, even during the oil embargo.

Same thing with Goodyear Tires, we were told we might have a tire shortage after 9/11/01 due to the increased demand for kevlar by the Military and then we found out Goodyear had already produced the tires LE needed. Never had one blow out either.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    See? Oil and Gas- BAD, if it were only Lithium Batteries....
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.