Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Argh...I broke my DBAL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Angry Argh...I broke my DBAL!

So after ages of waiting, I was finally able to get a TAPS SYNC for my SBR.

Plan was to use the Surefire cable on my Arisaka M300 and plug the Crane lead into the Vis Override port of my DBAL-A3. Easy, right?

Well, I got it all put together. Everything pushed in easy, no problems, but I noticed after I had it all buttoned down that there was a little kink in the lead to the laser. NBD, just unplug it, straighten it, and plug it back in.

Except, when I tried to unplug the lead, the whole socket just slid right out of the laser body!! I didn't even pull hard, either. It's like there was nothing holding it in place except a little dab of RTV.

So, some questions:

1) WTF?
    2) Seriously...WTF!?!
    3) How do I get this switch cable removed without monkey-****ing the entire thing? It seems like it's really latched in there...
    4) I assume this is some kind of defect with the DBAL...I mean, it has to be, right?
    5) Have any of y'all dealt with Steiner for repairs like this? What kind of an ass ache am I in for?
    6) Come, on...WTF?

The DBAL came from JRH and the TAPS is fresh from TNVC, so I'm pretty confident it's all legit stuff.

Ugh...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me. Brand new DBAL A3. Zero rounds fired. Only difference is that I plugged the Crane plug into the far right socket. When I attempted to unplug it, the socket held until it didn’t. When the socket did separate from the DBAL body, it was pulled free with enough force to also separate the two wires from the plug. I called Steiner customer service. The person that I
    spoke with asked a few questions; purchase date, serial number, round count. He said that this was a known issue, and emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label. said that they would take care of me under warranty. I received a confirmation that it was delivered to their facility on 24 December. I haven’t heard back from them yet, but hopefully will have it back soon since the holidays are over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I had it happen to me too... All I plugged in was a Surefire dual switch. I bought my DBAL and the SF switch from Primary Arms. PA was awesome and they had a replacement to me the next week. After the fact I researched and found this isn’t uncommon for this to happen, so a bad design. I was on the fence with the switch anyway so I sent it back too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Robert from JRH here- first off thanks for your purchase. Second- shoot me an email and we will get you squared away with Steiner asap.

You got a factory new factory sealed A3 box from us, so it's definitely legit.

First I've heard of this problem before reading this thread- and we sell a ton of A3s.

Please shoot me an email at
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

with a pic and description and we will get you squared away asap.
    Thanks
    Robert
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've heard a bunch of these things happening recently.

I would wonder if this was a bad batch because I've not heard about this until recently.

I've had great results from Steiner CS, so I'm sure you guys will get set.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

It's a bummer to read that this isn't an isolated incident, but good to know that Steiner CS is easy to deal with.

Robert - Thank you so much for your offer to assist...It's greatly appreciated! I sent you an email with details as requested.

To everyone else reading this - If you're looking to purchase NV, give Robert at JRH a call! He's fantastic and will get you taken care of!

Feedback Score
    You got it! Steiner is closed for a few days but we should hear something soon.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Argh...I broke my DBAL!

OP,

FYI, my issue was back in June. Steiner told me 4-6 weeks turn time to which my reply was BS... I immediately contacted Primary Arms where I bought it and they shipped a replacement immediately and provided an RA for the defective unit.

Hopefully Robert can push them if the lead time is long.

I’ve purchased two sets of NVG from JRH and he’s been good to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

It's a bummer to read that this isn't an isolated incident, but good to know that Steiner CS is easy to deal with.

Robert - Thank you so much for your offer to assist...It's greatly appreciated! I sent you an email with details as requested.

To everyone else reading this - If you're looking to purchase NV, give Robert at JRH a call! He's fantastic and will get you taken care of!

Last edited by arptsprt; 01-02-21 at 17:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    OP,

FYI, my issue was back in June. Steiner told me 4-6 weeks turn time to which my reply was BS... I immediately contacted Primary Arms where I bought it and they shipped a replacement immediately and provided an RA for the defective unit.

Hopefully Robert can push them if the lead time is long.

I’ve purchased to sets of NVG from JRH and he’s been good to deal with.

Thank you for your business!
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Lowdown3/Robert - thanks very much for stepping in to help a customer, that always brings a smile.

Much appreciated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast