Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neat tip for kinetic pullers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Neat tip for kinetic pullers

In case anyone else is a few years behind like I usually am, use a shell holder instead of the o-ring collet gadget.

Feedback Score
    Dang I should have thought of that decade plus ago. Especially after I got a bad batch of 308 ammo and had to pull what was left of the 500 rnds.
    Last edited by blade_68; 01-01-21 at 22:32.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Brilliant.....discussed in video at 8:30

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You gotta be shittin me. I have to try this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tried a few 9mm I had been procrastinating on and it also works with the shell holders for Lee priming tools.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't pull many bullets, but that is definitely something I'm going to try....even after like a hundred years of using the o ring set up. The o ring is slow.

Boy, that guy had a lot of goodies in the shop.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I don't pull many bullets,
    I don't pull too many either, but I've used the o-ring collet ass ache thingies forever.

I have an old LNL single stage dedicated to .223 collet pulling cuz the press it too worn out for any serious loading. .223 bullets are usually too light to efficiently use the kinetic puller.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I used to do mine this way years ago. I stopped after a couple rims for deformed on expensive brass. I’ll only use this method as a last resort or on bulk stuff where it doesn’t matter if I mess up a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I used to do mine this way years ago. I stopped after a couple rims for deformed on expensive brass. I’ll only use this method as a last resort or on bulk stuff where it doesn’t matter if I mess up a case.

So what was causing the deformation? The unsupported side of the shell holder, the general looseness of shell holders, or something else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    So what was causing the deformation? The unsupported side of the shell holder, the general looseness of shell holders, or something else?
    I speculate that it was the shell holder having some degree of slop and being made of harder material than brass. The more neck tension the cartridge has, the more kinetic energy you need to unseat the bullet...the case, I believe, also takes that energy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast