Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr K-40

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Kahr K-40

I picked up a K-40 years ago for carry but never warmed up to it. Recoil is pretty enthusiastic and it's a brick (all steel).

I would like to sell it down the road, but honestly don't know if it really has any value. Is it reasonable to expect say $400 for my very good to excellent condition pistol? Not asking to sell here, I much prefer a face to face transaction.

I honesty regret all my .40 pistol purchases.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I doubt you will get 400 for it. K9,T9 and MK9 are they only models that draw any money at all used. You have a very, very fine $300 pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thank you. I probably will gift it to a deserving family member or freind rather than take a hit selling it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You could always relegate it to being a "stash" gun somewhere......we don't know what's around the corner.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Thank you. I probably will gift it to a deserving family member or freind rather than take a hit selling it.

Andy
    I would bet you know someone or they know someone who loves .40. There is a following, for example my dad, that's all he shoots, so whenever I see a good .40 police trade-in or nice used one, I call him and see if he's interested. Make's no sense to me as when I shoot his guns I generally dislike the snappy recoil compared to 9mm and the "normal" ammo prices are higher as well.

Ask you're shooting buddies to ask their friends, I would be surprise if someone wouldn't be interested. All steel Kahrs are great guns, accurate and durable but just not the popular kid on the block.

Feedback Score
    Heavy... Yes.
    Durable... Not my experience.
    Specifically, the K40 barrel partially disassembled itself and had to shipped out of battery to the factory.

I have had both 9mm and .40 Kahrs go tits up and need trips to the factory. Kahr customer service discovered that minimal service benefited their bottom line a long time ago.

The Kahrs simply are not durable. They are buy and stick in the sock drawer guns. Not for serious folk.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Heavy... Yes.
    Durable... Not my experience.
    Specifically, the K40 barrel partially disassembled itself and had to shipped out of battery to the factory.

I have had both 9mm and .40 Kahrs go tits up and need trips to the factory. Kahr customer service discovered that minimal service benefited their bottom line a long time ago.

The Kahrs simply are not durable. They are buy and stick in the sock drawer guns. Not for serious folk.
    Sorry you have had bad luck. I ran a K9 three years in IDPA without a problem and still carry it daily. All I have needed in the way of factory service has been replacement recoil springs and additional magazines, which shipped promptly. I have a number of Kahr pistols and while I think they are overpriced at retail, they present an real value on the used market, particularly the MK9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Two recent sales on GunBroker are for $405 and $350, with the latter showing more finish wear.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883604233
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883580270

Now is the time to sell if you're going to do it. GunBroker is your best option as you'd be dealing directly with the most interested buyers in the country. I don't think you'd get squat at a local gun shop.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    There was a time that those were the hot ticket. I remember back in the late 90s people were picking up those and sending them to cylinder an slide, getting big dots on them, etc. I almost got one. I had a few PM9. They were excellent guns (for the time). They blazed the trail for all the quality micro 9s.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    There was a time that those were the hot ticket. I remember back in the late 90s people were picking up those and sending them to cylinder an slide, getting big dots on them, etc. I almost got one. I had a few PM9. They were excellent guns (for the time). They blazed the trail for all the quality micro 9s.
    I'm not gonna lie - I wish I had picked up a CW-9 instead. I bought the K-40 back in the day when I just "knew" serious defensive calibers started with 4. Fast forward to today and I am stacking 9mm deep and carry a freakin' 380 LCP mouse gun when dressing around my G19 is not an option I want to pursue.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-10-21 at 22:10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast