Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New to pistol ARs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Have you guys tried a KAK can, Indian Creek can or similar? Not a suppressor, a can.
    Youtube guys say they are effective at sending the noise and concussion forward.
    Yes, I have one (KAK) on my 7.5". I like it & it seems to at least make it the same as my 10.5". Truth be told, I don't really have any problem's with any of my AR pistol's, but don't shot them at indoor range's. As a matter of fact, I typically shoot by my self always, anyway.
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a BRT Covert Comp (linear compensator) on my 11.3" 5.56 and a KAK "Slimline Mini" flash can on my 10" 9mm. I also only shoot outdoors, but they both seem to push the concussion downrange a bit. I'm not really convinced it matters on the 9mm.

Andy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I have a BRT Covert Comp (linear compensator) on my 11.3" 5.56 and a KAK "Slimline Mini" flash can on my 10" 9mm. I also only shoot outdoors, but they both seem to push the concussion downrange a bit. I'm not really convinced it matters on the 9mm.

Andy
    How is the flash with that BRT CC compared to an A2?
    Psalm 34:19

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

Just another filthy undesirable civilian "basement dweller"
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Check this: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar...ider-shootout/

A2 FH: 0.48 lux
    BRT CC: 2.21 lux
    Precision Armament AFAB: 0.56 lux

These are measured from two feet aside and ahead of the muzzle, so more a "downrange" data set and somebody would need to retest for "Shooter's View."
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms
    Joe Biden is not, nor will he EVER be, my President. #SauceForGooseSauceForGander #AllDemsArePedos

LIFE MEMBER - NRA & SAF Not employed or sponsored by any manufacturer, distributor or retailer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Check this: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar...ider-shootout/

A2 FH: 0.48 lux
    BRT CC: 2.21 lux
    Precision Armament AFAB: 0.56 lux

These are measured from two feet aside and ahead of the muzzle, so more a "downrange" data set and somebody would need to retest for "Shooter's View."
    FH-brightness-graph.jpg

2nd brightest "flash hider" they tested in this particular test.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I have never run an A2 on my 11.3, but the BRT is pretty flashy.

I am pretty spoiled though - my 16 and 18" ARs run A2, YHM Phantom, or AAC Blackout flash hiders.

I don't remember seeing a flash in the daytime when I had the BRT on a 20" barrel.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-23-21 at 22:46.

Just another filthy undesirable civilian "basement dweller"
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyone tried the Kaw Valley Magnum--the big 3.25"-er--on a SBR or pistol?
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms
    Joe Biden is not, nor will he EVER be, my President. #SauceForGooseSauceForGander #AllDemsArePedos

LIFE MEMBER - NRA & SAF Not employed or sponsored by any manufacturer, distributor or retailer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234