Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new covert backpack or bag

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looking for a new covert backpack or bag

Yeah, I know, you've heard it before. Maybe even been here yourself. But it's true, finding a good featured covert backpack, sling or messenger bag can be frustrating and expensive.
    I've tried several of the different big name covert backpacks, unfortunately most are not really covert.

I'm currently using probably the lowest profile backpack so far, but it lacks weapon retention and positioning on the inside.

I'm using an older pacsafe Vibe 20L currently. Low profile, small size, reasonable appearance in urban settings.

With a greyman rmp plate, a single rigid insert, it's limited once I add a mid size pistol and spare mag.

Any one using something else they'd suggest?
    Send lawyers, guns and money the $#!+ has hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    Not sure which of the big name vendors you have already tried so this may be a moot recommendation, however I love my Vertx Gamut pack. To most people it looks like a standard pack. I’ve been using mine daily to carry back and forth to work. It holds my 17 MOS and a spare mag, along with a small med kit, my work laptop, headphones and water bottle. It’s got a spot for a plate as well, though I haven’t picked one up yet.

https://vertx.com/gamut-2-0-backpack

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I’ll second the Vertx Gamut 2.0 lineup. Excellent packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks X 2 for info about Gamut. I haven't had the opportunity to see one yet.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a Grey Ghost Gear Gypsy bag. No molle or velcro. Looks like a outdoor/messenger bag. Easy access from either side to the lined pocket/slit when you can velcro your handgun holster and mags. It does not have a dedicated padded sleeve for my laptop, but that's not a big deal as I have a separate one for it anyway. When they have their big sales, you can pick them up for cheap.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am not a messenger bag guy but recently switched over to the Arc'teryx LEAF Courier Bag 15. It is outstanding and I dont see myself going back to a backpack. Like most LEAF bags its an empty canvas but with the Blue Force Gear inserts it can be crafted to exactly your specs.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The nice thing about the Gamut 2.0 it is takes a ton of their accessories, is available in colors that do not scream tactical, and you can buy an armor insert that will stop handgun rounds and buckshot.

https://premierbodyarmor.com/product...el-iiia-insert

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have a plain black Vertx Gamut 2.0 that looks like any old backpack but conceals a pistol, CZ Scorpion, mags, Med kit, flashlight, knife, etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also recommend Vertx. I ended up with the EDC Ready pack though for my grab/get home bag. Through in some water, energy bars, medical, two spare mags, and a few extra layers weather permitting. Haven't carried it to much due to it mostly being left in my car for emergency use so I can't tell you how it will hold up to rough use. I later bought a Commuter sling and put it together for my wife's car.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks everyone, it's always helpful to other's experiences with a product. I usually only wear my current Pacsafe Vibe for short periods. Today I had to get new tires for my daily commuter. So I spent 3 hours walking around a big box store with it actually on my back and not just on one shoulder. I just dumped it, to show what I typically carry in it.

image.jpeg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast