Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a new covert backpack or bag

Feedback Score
    Here it is loaded down with 8 mags in a mag carrier, 3 more mags, bipod, rear bag, range Finder, 16” middy broken down and various odds and ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i've been looking for something too. i have a couple eberlestock that are NOT covert and they're heavy but i like them. i looked at eberlestock covert offerings for more than a year but i never could warm up to it as it wasn't quite what i wanted. when i saw this thread and looked at vertx, i immediately bought a checkpoint. it arrived last week and i spent all weekend walking around gatlinburg with it (carrying guns and ton of magazines)

it is pretty much what i was looking for for urban use. keeps the pack close to your body and doesn't have a bunch of crap hanging off of it so it wasn't exposed to theft, and i could negotiate crowded shops and restaurants effortlessly. it was comfortable, but did make my back sweat a lot. quick pull tabs work pretty well. i'm a bit skeptical on the captain america stuff.

I didn't get a chance to try much of their tactigami stuff. It is mostly out of stock. their pistol mag holder sizing seems off.

do you think there is a lightweight level 4 ceramic plate that is made to fit the pack? or is IIIa pretty much the only choice? would you take it or leave it? is IIIa worth anything? or would i be better off without the weight and bulk? i mean, looking around, seems like all the peaceful protesters are carrying rifles

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    Yeah, I know, you've heard it before. Maybe even been here yourself. But it's true, finding a good featured covert backpack, sling or messenger bag can be frustrating and expensive.
    I've tried several of the different big name covert backpacks, unfortunately most are not really covert.

I'm currently using probably the lowest profile backpack so far, but it lacks weapon retention and positioning on the inside.

I'm using an older pacsafe Vibe 20L currently. Low profile, small size, reasonable appearance in urban settings.

With a greyman rmp plate, a single rigid insert, it's limited once I add a mid size pistol and spare mag.

Any one using something else they'd suggest?
    I use a maratac eod bag. Been carrying one for about 15 years now. got everything I need in it, and some stuff I dont.

Never caught a second look over it, either.

https://countycomm.com/collections/b...-maratac-rev-3
    Last edited by Entryteam; 03-01-21 at 11:36.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123