Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
Sample of 1: they are total junk. Far worse than the brand and price would lead you to believe.

I bought and returned a 3-18x 5 series from Midway a few months ago - this one:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020619511?pid=961295

The elevation turret was so loose it rattled, like if you shook it lightly. The windage turret didn't quite rattle but had poor feel. The reticle was not only a poor style viewed in person, but it was HORRIBLY made - fuzzy edges and some kind of color aberration. Optical quality was OK, acceptable for the price but nothing special, and construction quality other than turrets was also "meh." FYI I've used 30+ scopes in this general league in the last decade, none of this is user error or lack of knowledge.

The Vortex Viper PST gen2 and Burris XTR gen2 absolutely wipe the floor with this scope in all ways. The discontinued Weaver 3-15x50, which first came out circa 2010 and was around $500 on closeout last year, is also better in all ways.

Oh BTW, Midway's customer service since Covid is terrible, they just don't care and are impossible to reach in a useful way (chat only, no phone option, phone calls if you kept their old number go to a recorded message). And their return policy was not really honored for this scope. I tried to get Midway to fully honor their return policy for defective products, which includes free return shipping. While I got a refund of the purchase price they did zilch on the cost of return shipping, even though I had asked them to generate a label as they normally do (no) and if they couldn't, then to pay my actual cost upon receipt (said they would, but they did not). So I was out $30 to return a scope that defective out of the box. This was my second hassle in the last year with attempting to return a product to them. I used to be a huge Midway customer, but now I only buy from them absolutely known brand names (like Nightforce) and only if I'm 100% positive I won't be returning it.
SomeOtherGuy, thanks for taking the time to describe your experience. This is good to know.

Joe Mamma