Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 5 years...The Precious.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

After 5 years...The Precious.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]

From planning..to parts accumulation...to build..to finally getting her first range time tomorrow..may I introduce The Precious.
    This was a long process to get EXACTLY the parts I wanted & the $$$ to do so.
    I love rifles...long barrels just are my thing. Debated caliber...and went with 5.56. THEN...it was dirt cheap, and all the Match ammo was readily available & affordable..and 5.56 has come a long way in past few years. So- sat down over time, studied intensely here & all over, asked several experts online questions..ect ect.
    So..without further ado- the parts list:
    Aero Precision M4E1 Upper/Lower
    Velocity 3lb Flat trigger {Superb}
    Criterion 20" S.S. Nitrided HYBRID 1/8 WYLDE Barrel
    Magpul SPR Stock & MOE Grip
    Young MFG NM BCG with New, Headspaced BCM Bolt w/ OCKS Screws Added
    Fortis Hammer CH
    Black River Tactical MarkBlue Rifle Length Gas Tube
    Yankee Hill Phantom Flash Suppressor
    CMT 17" M-Lok Rail
    Aero Precision Front/Rear Sights
    Magpul Bipod

Scope: Nikon Black FX1000 4-16X50 MRAD Illuminated reticle
    Mount: Midwest Industries 30mm Non QD
    Rifle Bag: Savior Tactical Double Long Rifle bag 46"
    Had the rifle assembled at Bullet & Barrel in Huntsville Al to some of my specs.

Ammo: Of course, this ammo was bought months & years before the current situation..most of it is unobtanium/unaffordable even if found.
    Black Hills 69 & 77 OTM 5.56
    IMI 69 Sierra Mk BTHP 5.56
    IMI 77 OTM LR Mod 1 5.56
    Federal .223 77 Sierra MK BTHP
    Winchester .223 62 OT in Purple Box
    Australian Outback .223 69 Sierra Mk BTHP
    MEN 55 M193 5.56

So- tomorrow is a day Ive waited on for several years. the rifle was assembled in early March- but due to my insane work schedule sat in safe until now. Scope is mounted & ready to go.
    Ill be working with it & two more AR's tomorrow, as well as a few handguns. Im SO GLAD I took my own advice to buy, buy, BUY over the last 3-4 years.
    Ill post results when I can.
    Please, ask about or critique my build, any thoughts or ideas or suggestions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 01-10-21 at 16:05. Reason: Added info
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Very happy for you. I've been looking at the 20" Criterion barrel for a while. My 18" stainless barrel gets my 77gr TMK handloads to 800 yardseasily, but I wouldn't mind the added velocity from another 2" of barrel. Looking forward to your results.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's great when a project comes together.

I usually can't wait quite that long to finish one off, but like you I'm glad I bought over the past 4 years (firearms, ammo, components, accessories, etc).

Congrats!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Very happy for you. I've been looking at the 20" Criterion barrel for a while. My 18" stainless barrel gets my 77gr TMK handloads to 800 yardseasily, but I wouldn't mind the added velocity from another 2" of barrel. Looking forward to your results.
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    It's great when a project comes together.

I usually can't wait quite that long to finish one off, but like you I'm glad I bought over the past 4 years (firearms, ammo, components, accessories, etc).

Congrats!
    Thank you both. Im looking forward to seeing an initial indication of how its gonna shoot too.
    I agree RHINOWSO...but man it was hard finacially on me. NO WAY I could do it now...the parts arent there & couldnt afford them at all if they were. Had to wait about a year on the Young NM BCG, but aquired other stuff while waiting. Id wait on a holiday like Memorial Day, Independence Day, Black Friday, ect. to get stuff on sale, that helped a lot. I just made my mind up to wait on exactly what I wanted, and did so.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 01-03-21 at 20:22.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Mike at Criterion is AWESOME. He is very knowledgable. You call, he will probably answer the phone. He answered my emails in minutes. AND- listen to this.
    I sent him a bolt to headspace to my barrel. He contacted me back..said that bolt was too small and it wouldnt heaadspace to several barrels he tried. I was bummed. Then he said " Ive got a new BCM bolt we use here, ill send it you". I said I didnt have the cash at the moment, he said "NO CHARGE, I dont want you to have to wait on your barrel". Can you believe that? Sent me a new BCM bolt-FREE. Im STILL happy about that. THATS Customer Service right there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice ! You have great patience that's for sure. I did much the same thing with my dream build but I took 6 months to get the carbine together. I've been shooting it with irons since completion because I have yet to settle on an optic.

Feedback Score
    Did you get a chance to shoot this yet?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Love Savior bags, have a couple myself.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Did you get a chance to shoot this yet?
    Yes I did. Had several issues...so Im gonna do a post on them in the Technical forum when I get a chance, hopefully soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Yes I did. Had several issues...so Im gonna do a post on them in the Technical forum when I get a chance, hopefully soon.
    Sounds good. I know it is probably frustrating, but it will get sorted out. Def used high quality parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast