Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try the Sig Romeo8h or Romeo8t?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Anyone try the Sig Romeo8h or Romeo8t?

Has anyone considered this? I have several duty grade optics, but was looking to try something different.

Besides reviews on product pages and some youtube videos, I dont see much of anything on the forums. I don't know if its because its so new or because nobody takes it seriously.

Anyone using it who can provide feedback? Id be using it on a 16" middy mostly for carbine classes. Id like something that is easy to find the dot from various positions, from around cover and when transitioning from strong side to support side. I think the 30mm aimponts and the 25mm MRO are good at this, but I don't love the T2s for it.

Anyone actually try to run these hard?
    Last edited by Swstock; 01-03-21 at 18:09.

Feedback Score
    Have you heard of Chris Craighead?
    He's the British SAS badass that sprung into action during the terrorist attack in Kenya.

He seems to like the Romeo8. That seems to be a good endorsement.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxp...66_32928338914

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We've never had a Sig Romeo 8h or 8t come through the shop. However, I don't turn my nose up at Sig stuff. This seems like a lot of nice features and technology. Also, it's made in America.

SupersetCA did a good review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3aXilt2HQ
    Last edited by RKB Armory; 01-05-21 at 07:36. Reason: Fixing the link

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Have you heard of Chris Craighead?
    He's the British SAS badass that sprung into action during the terrorist attack in Kenya.

He seems to like the Romeo8. That seems to be a good endorsement.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxp...66_32928338914

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    No disrespect, but smoking some low IQ types in Kenya is hardly the result of the optic alone, nor is it enough data to give the optic the nod.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    No disrespect, but smoking some low IQ types in Kenya is hardly the result of the optic alone, nor is it enough data to give the optic the nod.
    Its not the optic he used in that event. Its on his IG feed as what he prefers now. Im not arguing for or against, im just clarifying the post.

Feedback Score
    I'd trust a former SAS member than a paid influencer on YouTube when it comes to recommendations.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Its not the optic he used in that event. Its on his IG feed as what he prefers now. Im not arguing for or against, im just clarifying the post.
    So his endorsement means even less..

Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I'd trust a former SAS member than a paid influencer on YouTube when it comes to recommendations.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't trust either without more research into the product and the individual. Not all SF guys are gear geeks. They use the tools they're provided. An "influencer" is a worthless piece of shit in society, being propped up by window lickers who invest far too much time into following them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So his endorsement means even less..

I wouldn't trust either without more research into the product and the individual. Not all SF guys are gear geeks. They use the tools they're provided. An "influencer" is a worthless piece of shit in society, being propped up by window lickers who invest far too much time into following them.
    So do you have anything to contribute about this optic or no?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So since there is so little info on this, I ordered one to try.

I have no qualifications to say 1 optic is better than another. I'm just a screen name on an internet forum.

First impressions:
    Seems very well built. Im not doing a torture test, but this feels robust and very well made.

Great single dot. I have to compare side by side to other optics, but first impression is that this is one of the best for my eyes. Im not digging into technologies, but my eyes aren't perfect and some red dots appear a little distorted. This doesn't. Its perfect.The other dot options like BDC dont appeal to me yet.

Great viewing window. The optic looks big from the sides but from behind, the box basically disappears.

More to come after I use it in a class.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So do you have anything to contribute about this optic or no?
    It appears you have nothing to contribute either, save for the "some guy endorsement" statement.

SIG has put out a good number of lemons, and seeing as they don't make a lot of their products I can see why. I don't see the appeal to this optic over the gold standard of Aimpoint.

So since there is so little info on this, I ordered one to try.

I have no qualifications to say 1 optic is better than another. I'm just a screen name on an internet forum.

First impressions:
    Seems very well built. Im not doing a torture test, but this feels robust and very well made.

Great single dot. I have to compare side by side to other optics, but first impression is that this is one of the best for my eyes. Im not digging into technologies, but my eyes aren't perfect and some red dots appear a little distorted. This doesn't. Its perfect.The other dot options like BDC dont appeal to me yet.

Great viewing window. The optic looks big from the sides but from behind, the box basically disappears.

More to come after I use it in a class.
    Can you confirm that the box/optic says made in USA??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast