Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone try the Sig Romeo8h or Romeo8t?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    It appears you have nothing to contribute either, save for the "some guy endorsement" statement.

SIG has put out a good number of lemons, and seeing as they don't make a lot of their products I can see why. I don't see the appeal to this optic over the gold standard of Aimpoint.

Can you confirm that the box/optic says made in USA??
    Im not sure that I would choose it over an Aimpoint because of lack of the proven track record. With that said, I already have 8ish Aimpoints so dont mind trying it out.

It says "assembled in USA"
    Last edited by Swstock; 01-08-21 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    I have been trying to find one in stock so that I can try it out. Assembled in America is not as good as Made in America still better than Asia imo.

Pew pew tactical torture tested a Romeo 8T along with some other high end optics. Although more entertainment than science the Romeo 8 fared better than an Aimpoint Comp m5. So I feel it will be more than adequate for what I need it for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    you still rocking that 8T?? Thinking about getting one for my new patrol rifle (B;ackout Defense QDTL).....wondering how its holding up and any issues?
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"....Mike Tyson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    So since there is so little info on this, I ordered one to try.

I have no qualifications to say 1 optic is better than another. I'm just a screen name on an internet forum.

First impressions:
    Seems very well built. Im not doing a torture test, but this feels robust and very well made.

Great single dot. I have to compare side by side to other optics, but first impression is that this is one of the best for my eyes. Im not digging into technologies, but my eyes aren't perfect and some red dots appear a little distorted. This doesn't. Its perfect.The other dot options like BDC dont appeal to me yet.

Great viewing window. The optic looks big from the sides but from behind, the box basically disappears.

More to come after I use it in a class.
    I was looking to add the 8T to my Blackout Defense rifle when it arrives. My EOTECH dot looked blurry to me, probably just my eyes. Have you thought about adding a magnifier to this? I'm debating between the 8T plus a magnifier or an LPVO.....Buy once cry once I'm thinking
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"....Mike Tyson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12