Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Rare Breed Forced Reset Trigger

Feedback Score

Thoughts on Rare Breed Forced Reset Trigger

What are your thoughts on this new trigger? It essentially uses a sear to release the hammer, even though it requires a single press for each function of the weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A key part of the bumpstock ban was them arguing that each trigger pull was involuntary, vs. intentionally pulling it each time. Seems like this trigger is going to fall victim to the same logic.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I wouldn’t jump on that train.
    Crystal ball says it’s illegal in 6 months.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HammeredSole View Post
    What are your thoughts on this new trigger? It essentially uses a sear to release the hammer, even though it requires a single press for each function of the weapon.
    I went to their website and looked... $380.00 for that garbage.

A fool and their money are soon parted my friend...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    A key part of the bumpstock ban was them arguing that each trigger pull was involuntary, vs. intentionally pulling it each time. Seems like this trigger is going to fall victim to the same logic.
    IDK, everything I've seen on this trigger says you have to pull the trigger each time. All it's really doing is shortening the pull/release/pull distance. Finger moves less distance so it can move faster. But seems to require a deliberate pull. They'll probably try and ban it anyway though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HammeredSole View Post
    The standard semi auto AR trigger uses a sear to release the hammer. That's normal.

One difference is the forced reset trigger uses the action of the hammer cocking to force the trigger to reset. This forces the trigger bow forward against the trigger finger.

Another difference is the forced reset trigger has a bar that keeps the trigger in forward (reset) position until the carrier and bolt have fully returned to battery. When the BCG is fully in battery, the bar is pushed out of the way by the carrier. Now, the trigger can be pressed and the AR fired again.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ne...ar-15-trigger/

In the above article, there's a video that shows how this trigger works
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    It's an interesting mechanism to say the least.
    Last edited by HammeredSole; 01-17-21 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, legalities aside (of which I care nothing, anymore), do not want extra crap like that in my guns. I see no logical purpose for it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Besides the fun of simulating full auto fire, I could see this being used in something like 3gun to get some smoking fast splits on doubles. Of course it would take a bit of mastering to keep it to doubles and to use it effectively on something like the long range singles...all in the same gun. But for $380, I'll just have to slog along with my regular Velocity 3 lb.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I went to their website and looked... $380.00 for that garbage.

A fool and their money are soon parted my friend...
    The trigger design is pure genius in execution and simplicity. While it's an expensive way to turn money into noise, it looks like a more elegant solution to binary style triggers and is far less money than buying a machinegun. I'd buy one if I had the money. Why? Because it looks fun. Yes, sometimes I shoot just for fun.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-06-21 at 01:06.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast