Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Rare Breed Forced Reset Trigger

Feedback Score
    I’ve never seen value as a civilian in burning ammo faster than the 150-200rpm I can do with a SD3G.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Given that it’s ATF, there is NO way this isn’t reclassified as a MG. Reference the Akins Accelerator, bump stocks, Ernie Wrenn’s beltfed MAC uppers, among others. It’s a neat design for sure.
    Cuz they shoot real, real fast and it's scary...this means we also need to remove some of youses fingers, too.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 02-08-21 at 12:42.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    The closest illegal thing to this trigger is a bump stock. But there is no stock in this mechanism. It is a kinda internal mechanism, bump trigger.

Feedback Score
    BAD NEWS

A couple vids show guys running this trigger perfectly, for awhile. Then stoppages occur. They tinker with the buffer, spring, get another upper, etc.

But here a guy took apart one of these triggers and tells us why they all begin to fail. It is one tiny spring getting bent inside the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEMhe_oWpo

Maybe a Mark 2 design will fix this.

Feedback Score
    The only Rare Breed this guy will own comes from Wild Turkey

Feedback Score
    Ok, so I had one of these triggers, because I just have to try everything.

In a 14.5 ml Hanson Chf, a5h1/green, lmt ebcg, with xm193, it ran at about 900rpm. Very much like an m16a1. In 90 rounds I experienced no malfunctions. It was extremely difficult to single shot.

Ultimately, I uninstalled it and sold it. I tried getting it running in an MPX and was unsuccessful due to the design of the FRT trip mechanism exerting upward pressure on the MPX trip bar.

Upon exam, I discovered that the trip return spring was kinked and estimated that it needs a torsional spring, rather than a compression spring (especially one at an improper angle). I discovered this on my own, and only found that this was a bigger issue when Rare Breed posted an obstinate message on Instagram regarding people making YouTube videos of the FRT issues, and calling them out as “kitchen table gunsmiths” with an attitude that seemed to claim that their trigger is perfect and doesn’t need any revisions, even though it’s clearly poorly designed in this regard. I looked on YouTube and saw the video referenced here a few posts back. My trigger looked the same, and my findings echo the video OP. The spring design is clearly flawed and either needs a torsional spring or the compression spring on a detent or an all together different orientation.

Additionally, I had a close friend at Sig reach out to the owner of Rare Breed to get him some loaner MPX and MCX for development. I notified RB of the findings re: the MPX and trip spring design, to which I’ve had no response.

The general attitude of RB seems to be passive-aggressive towards the experienced people who have discovered flaws of the FRT design. Rather than take it in the chin, and realize there are some improvements to be made, they prefer to lash out with name calling and shit posting. I sold my FRT, ended the experiment, and won’t be buying another. I would expect no warranty support in the extremely likely case that the trigger malf’s.

I think the design has merit, and I honestly believe that the concept could easily be designed into a product that actually works well and fixes the shortcomings of the FRT while not infringing any alleged patents. I liken the design to a reciprocating charging handle, as trigger pressure creates feedback on the hammer. I think there should be a way to create a leverage system which resets the trigger without allowing the trigger to create a feedback loop. And don’t even get me started on the trip spring, that thing doesn’t look to have gotten more than 10 minutes of attention.

I can’t say I am surprised. Before I got this trigger, I estimated RB had a clever design but was not so keen with attention to detail. After seeing Rare Breed blindly recommend an H3 buffer in any gun with the FRT, as well as the red dot optics literally bouncing around in the demo videos, I figured there would be some issue in the FRT that were not QC based, but from a “any engineer worth their salt would have noticed this” lack of attention to detail. RB blindly recommending an H3 tells me that their detailed understanding of the AR15 is somewhat lacking. Almost like they just tried a bunch of different buffers to make it work in their guns, and ended up with H3. Rather than really understanding bolt bounce, but also issues which can arise with over buffered guns (ie: short stroking)
    Last edited by HammeredSole; 02-16-21 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HammeredSole View Post
    Ultimately, I uninstalled it and sold it.
    LOL!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    LOL!
    Yeah, the one I used belonged to someone else, and he sold it to a guy with a BLM hat, who was then tragically murdered while peacefully protesting in Portland.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yeah, the one I used belonged to someone else, .

Are you planning to get one of your own after reading / watching the reviews above? Still believe it is worth the coin???

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Are you planning to get one of your own after reading / watching the reviews above? Still believe it is worth the coin???

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve used one, and all I will say is that I disagree with the following posts.
    I went to their website and looked... $380.00 for that garbage.

A fool and their money are soon parted my friend...

Josh is onto something.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Given that it’s ATF, there is NO way this isn’t reclassified as a MG. Reference the Akins Accelerator, bump stocks, Ernie Wrenn’s beltfed MAC uppers, among others. It’s a neat design for sure.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast