Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd wave panic buying. Will it ever go back to normai? Will they stop ammo imports?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe less to worry about than meets the eye:

1. Democrats got elected by a slim margin in WH and Senate, and lost seats in the House.

2. They remember the 1994 AWB that helped cost them control of both houses and brought in Newt Gingrich. Even Bill Clinton admitted this.

3. They also remember Spring 2009 when Obama and Holder were all set to fire up a new AWB. Newly elected Democrat congressmen said no you don't, unless you want all us to be one-termers and lose the House, again.

4. There are orders of magnitude more black rifles, big magazines, and shooters thereof now than there were in 1993. Back then, ARs, hi-cap pistols etc were a novelty. Now the AR is America's Rifle. Serious estimates claim that there are ten million ARs out there, and at least a hundred million 10+ magazines of all kinds.

5. New 2020 buyers are lots of democrats, racial minorities. Think they want to give up their new guns, even if they vote for Democrats?

6. Biden etc have much more to worry about than guns. Covid, economy, repairing foreign relations, China, other priorities.

7. There's a good chance federal courts including S.Ct will hold that you have a 2A right to a black rifle and a big magazine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post

1. Democrats got elected by a slim margin in WH and Senate, and lost seats in the House.

2. They remember the 1994 AWB that helped cost them control of both houses and brought in Newt Gingrich. Even Bill Clinton admitted this.

3. They also remember Spring 2009 when Obama and Holder were all set to fire up a new AWB. Newly elected Democrat congressmen said no you don't, unless you want all us to be one-termers and lose the House, again.

4. There are orders of magnitude more black rifles, big magazines, and shooters thereof now than there were in 1993. Back then, ARs, hi-cap pistols etc were a novelty. Now the AR is America's Rifle. Serious estimates claim that there are ten million ARs out there, and at least a hundred million 10+ magazines of all kinds.

5. New 2020 buyers are lots of democrats, racial minorities. Think they want to give up their new guns, even if they vote for Democrats?

6. Biden etc have much more to worry about than guns. Covid, economy, repairing foreign relations, China, other priorities.

7. There's a good chance federal courts including S.Ct will hold that you have a 2A right to a black rifle and a big magazine.
    It's different this time and they have all the votes they'll ever need. Half baked intellectuals occupy positions of power in the government, civil service, mass media, business and the educational system.

The schools will produce anti gun Marxist Liberal voters. They even took Elmer Fudd's shotgun because they don't want kids to think about guns.

There's going to be bans, registration and buy backs. The ATF + their back up will be aggressive. The military (who knows how subverted the soldiers are) will have a tough choice to make if the people defend themselves and their God given right to bear modern firearms. Will they break ranks?

https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-...ration-2020-11
    Gun violence has become a disturbing public health crisis. The Biden administration must step in and immediately do something about it.

Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 01-08-21 at 00:45.

Feedback Score

Cool

1. Democrats got elected by a slim margin in WH and Senate, and lost seats in the House...
    ...7. There's a good chance federal courts including S.Ct will hold that you have a 2A right to a black rifle and a big magazine.
    I, pretty much, agree with you. I think that there are "bigger fish to fry" but that doesn't mean there won't be something put forward. I am in a kind of "wait and see" mode.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    Can't forget these guys either:

That was more like a freedom of navigation thing. Thier primary mission was to keep the railroads open during the revolution and immediately following it. They were not there to fight the Russians. They were ordered to avoid conflict and mostly did.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    That was more like a freedom of navigation thing. Thier primary mission was to keep the railroads open during the revolution and immediately following it. They were not there to fight the Russians. They were ordered to avoid conflict and mostly did.
    They wanted the Bolsheviks to be defeated. Now the West is experiencing a similar type of revolution even though it's actually psychological warfare.

Communism won. Western populations have had their perception of reality changed. Basic American values are being thrown out the window.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I should have moved this into general before. If you can't post in Gen, deal with it.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

No disrespect, but this entire post deserves a facepalm. Dems ain’t worried about reelection, they will steal what needs to be stolen, free and fair elections are a thing of the past. I know you don’t believe me right now, but you will after the republicans get massacred in 2022. Obama and Holder’s strategy was to use fast and furious back in his first term, that blew up in his face but he was unrestrained in his second term, his problem then was he didn’t have the political power at the time to impose gun control and now Dems have the powered and told you they would impose it. I don’t care how many black rifles and magazines exist, the courts will not save RKBA or any other parts of the Constitution and BoR. if you think the new gun owning democrats give a shit about your RKBA, think again. They want a ban, they have their firearm(s) now so they don’t care, they won’t follow the laws anyway, they are banking on you following gun confiscation laws.

And the tid bit about Biden restoring foreign relations? LOL Yes, back to fleecing American jobs and tax dollars. Considering how much I pay yearly in federal taxes, I just loved hearing Biden brag about strong arming Ukraine over a billion dollars taken from Americans so they stop investigating his son’s company and all of his corruption. Realize most of Washington is Corrupt and Biden is just one of many.
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 01-08-21 at 08:17.

Feedback Score
    Quit inciting panic!!!

I travel and hit LOTS of gun shops across AZ and NM. Yes some have low ammo stock. BUT many have some of most popular calibers; 9mm. .223/5.56 and .45ACP.

I pick up ONE box each time and am not hoarding...simply replacing what I shoot up each week.

Gun stock is rising. My favorite shops have a LOT more now. I'd say almost pre-C19 levels. There's not ONE firearm I've had an interest in the past month I have not seen on a shelf. We're talking some popular models.

I think MANY shops that were over extended and had poor business models in place are feeling the pinch. That's a big part of running a business! Especially in the gun business where shortages of one thing or another are de rigueur. Any defects in your model are showing up now! When I was in NM in August one shop's web site had robust selection. When I got there the dudes were not the friendliest and in a bad location. Shelves were bare. Down the street a more welcoming shop was thriving! My guess is the first shop ran through their credit line and were down the list behind cash customers...

There was something like 7 million new gun owners last year! SEVEN MILLION!!! That puts a strain on the pipeline. Most will be happy with 500 rounds and get bored with the range soon enough. I also think the price gouging online shops are scooping up a great deal of ammo as well. People inciting panic are allowing them to get $2 a round for 5.56! CTD is asking $2 a round for some junk brand yesterday!

These stupid panic threads have the opposite end of the spectrum buying every round they see.

Act like you've been here before and relax. If you're down to your last round that's your problem! As I said I've been able to easily if not slowly build up a solid responsible ammo stash the past few months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Dems are not that dumb to just go after guns right away. I predict there will be a calm to let everyone's guard down a little, then there will be a big mass shooting. This will give them most leverage for their agenda to justify their actions and garner the most support.

This will be the spark next to the powder keg. After that...hold on...its going to be a wild ride.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The amount of Cognitive Dissonance in this thread is off the chart.

YOUR COUNTRY HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM YOU. END OF STORY. The Consteetooshun is GONE. Bye, Bye now....Goodbye.....

We are Venezuela, 2013.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast