Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red dot that looks like a tube scope...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Red dot that looks like a tube scope...

For a lever action 357 to be used at short ranges and for defense purposes a red dot is awesome.

Part of the appeal of a lever gun is that it does not look tactical. In order to maintain its camouflage I would prefer not to slap an eotech or Aimpoint m68/CCO on there.

I know that some of the very early red dots were made to mount in standard scope 1 inch or 30mm rings and did kind of look like scopes.

I'm not able to find anything like that in current production.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the assist.

TED

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The Ultradot is a 1" 2 MOA sight that is fairly non-tactical. http://www.ultradotusa.com/index.html

Made in Japan and I believe they come with a screw-on extension if they are too short for your ring spacing.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-23-20 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Aimpoint also made the 9000 series a few years for conventional/traditional hunting rifles. You may be able to find one used.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Aimpoint also made the 9000 series a few years for conventional/traditional hunting rifles. You may be able to find one used.
    Aimpoint still makes the 9000

Feedback Score
    Armson still makes the OEG:

https://www.armsonusa.com/armsonoeg.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Andy nailed it.
    “State of Art” mid/late 80s for gamers.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Have you considered a P4Xi?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Andy nailed it.
    “State of Art” mid/late 80s for gamers.
    I've one mounted to a 10-22 that has been issue free (not since the '80s though).

Mine is a silver 1" sight - if I was buying again I would get black and probably the 30 mm tube.

The reduced field of view (25 vs 30mm) doesn't make a huge difference since I shoot a dot with both eyes open, but I can tell after I use any of my other dots then switch.

Andy

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I think an LPVO would look good on a lever gun. Then the possibilities are endless, and you can magnify for those 100 yard shots which the 357 is very capable of out of a 16" carbine.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I think an LPVO would look good on a lever gun. Then the possibilities are endless, and you can magnify for those 100 yard shots which the 357 is very capable of out of a 16" carbine.
    This is a solid configuration.

I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 on a .30-30. Because it was a take-off from a different gun/use that benefitted from them, it had the exposed “target” style turrets. If I was to redo this, I would opt for capped turrets, both to avoid having the turrets accidentally bumped while hiking/hunting (my use) as well as for a more traditional non-tactical look.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast