Unreal find!!

I had researched and decided the Alchemy Prime ticked every box for a "factory" (made by one or two guys!) 1911. Can't buy in stores I was told by a buddy who has been searching for over a year. Gotta order and wait 8 months. My buddy gave up when he scored a Les Baer but still hankered for one but I was following the same path and found a Les Baer at a local shop and was wrapping up the sale/BG check when I wandered over to a tall narrow case in the middle of the room. This case is more of an obstacle, a distraction as you walk it and the display looked half arsed....4 1911's one per shelf on top of magazines.. The bottom 3 shelves had ugly boutique 1911s so I never gave a second glance but the top shelf, above eye level I could see a blued steel 1911....

It had a weird looking "A" on it but I KNEW it couldn't be an Alchemy...Plus iron wood grips.... Time to burn I figured I'd take a look and learn something. Guy hands it to me and F'ing A! It's an Alchemy Prime!!!!!!!!!!

Cancel that Les Baer...wrap up the Prime!!!!!!

All I'm gonna say is I looked at dozens of high end 1911s the past few months. On this visit alone I handled several Les Baers, a couple Wilson Combats and an Ed Brown. So I had a good baseline of quality.

Take away is those brands, while exceptional, felt over priced. I hesitated on the Les Baer for weeks and the others while cool couldn't get me to even consider them for $500 less.

On the other hand the Alchemy Prime is criminally under priced! I decided on it in mere seconds! It screams quality!

Fellas....don't buy ANY 1911 until you give serious consideration to the Alchemy Prime!

Can't wait to shoot it!

Attachment 64807