Thread: New Gun Day! Alchemy Prime 1911 .45 ACP

Feedback Score

New Gun Day! Alchemy Prime 1911 .45 ACP

Unreal find!!

I had researched and decided the Alchemy Prime ticked every box for a "factory" (made by one or two guys!) 1911. Can't buy in stores I was told by a buddy who has been searching for over a year. Gotta order and wait 8 months. My buddy gave up when he scored a Les Baer but still hankered for one but I was following the same path and found a Les Baer at a local shop and was wrapping up the sale/BG check when I wandered over to a tall narrow case in the middle of the room. This case is more of an obstacle, a distraction as you walk it and the display looked half arsed....4 1911's one per shelf on top of magazines.. The bottom 3 shelves had ugly boutique 1911s so I never gave a second glance but the top shelf, above eye level I could see a blued steel 1911....

It had a weird looking "A" on it but I KNEW it couldn't be an Alchemy...Plus iron wood grips.... Time to burn I figured I'd take a look and learn something. Guy hands it to me and F'ing A! It's an Alchemy Prime!!!!!!!!!!

Cancel that Les Baer...wrap up the Prime!!!!!!

All I'm gonna say is I looked at dozens of high end 1911s the past few months. On this visit alone I handled several Les Baers, a couple Wilson Combats and an Ed Brown. So I had a good baseline of quality.

Take away is those brands, while exceptional, felt over priced. I hesitated on the Les Baer for weeks and the others while cool couldn't get me to even consider them for $500 less.

On the other hand the Alchemy Prime is criminally under priced! I decided on it in mere seconds! It screams quality!

Fellas....don't buy ANY 1911 until you give serious consideration to the Alchemy Prime!

Can't wait to shoot it!

Attachment 64807

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    They're nice pistols.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I think I went into that same gun shop today to see if it was still there, and it wasn’t.

I love my prime, they are great guns.

Feedback Score
    Just shot my Alchemy Prime in 9mm today. I'd been wanting a semi-custom 1911 in 9mm for a while and about 18 months ago posted something in one of the forums asking about Les Baer, Wilson, Nighthawk, etc. Someone suggested a new company - Alchemy.

Went to the website, did some research and decided it was really a no brainer. Put my order in almost immediately thereafter. I've had the gun for approx. 1 year now. Like everything about it. The frame to slide fit is outstanding. So is the trigger. And in 9mm the recoil is almost non-existent. Honestly, I think they are about the best value going in this price range.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Presume this was in AZ. Which shop was it - if you don't mind my asking?

Feedback Score
    I've settled on buying/trading towards a high end 1911/2011, probably going to be a staccato p. With STI, it's seem apparent where the money you are spending is going. Can someone elaborate where the money goes with an Alchemy 1911? They list as high as 4k, but look indistinguishable from a standard 1911 with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cretin View Post
    I've settled on buying/trading towards a high end 1911/2011, probably going to be a staccato p. With STI, it's seem apparent where the money you are spending is going. Can someone elaborate where the money goes with an Alchemy 1911? They list as high as 4k, but look indistinguishable from a standard 1911 with.
    Hmmm...

The Prime is only $2795 right now...not $4000 The Quantico which would be more 2011 type is $3300

You're making the wrong comparison as the the Staccato is more like a Glock 19 than a 1911 of any brand. Compare the Alchemy Prime to a high end 1911, Wilson, Ed Brown, Les Baer and that's where it starts to shine.

Once you consider as Frame and Slide Machined from Forged 4140 Carbon Steel compared to a 2 piece modular design with plastic grips you start to get the gist of it.

You can go the the Alchemy web sight and see numerous videos of the exact person who will making your 1911; Master Gunsmith R. Schauland.

But it all depends upon what you want. I think the Staccato is super cool! I'd love to have one for a 9mm option!

But if you want a traditional 1911 that's built from the ground up with the finest parts you can get you'll be hard pressed to find a better bargain than the Prime!

https://alchemy1911.com/prime/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    So how does it shoot?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Alchemy? Too funny! Turning gold into lead.

Feedback Score
    I own the very first ACW pistol finished in DLC. It is the most beautiful 1911 I have ever owned by far.