Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulletproof home

Feedback Score

Bulletproof home

I like the concept. Anyone think concrete homes are the way to go?

You Can Now Buy A Tiny Bulletproof Home For The Apocalypse
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/yo...ome-apocalypse

Sands bags might be a good idea for the future.

I bought a bunch of these: https://www.uline.com/BL_5565/Sandbags
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 01-08-21 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    ICF homes are a thing. I think they are pretty comparable in cost to a regular wood build. I think they were 5-10% more than wood, but the way lumber prices have gone the last year might be cheaper at this point. At some 3m film windows and secure doors and ready to go

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The problem is there are different bullets, plus the home shown is only as bulletproof as the glass in those windows.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's a tent made from cloth embedded with concrete. You just set it up and then spray it with a hose, and it's bullet resistant. They designed them for setting up bases in Iraq. You can berm them and basically turn them into bunkers.

Feedback Score
    If owing a gun and storing food while being White put you on the Clinton Enemies List, what kind of list would this home land you on?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    If owing a gun and storing food while being White put you on the Clinton Enemies List, what kind of list would this home land you on?
    I don't think a concrete house would land you on a list since plenty of people are doing it.

Concrete homes aren't just bullet resistant they're:

Energy efficient
    Low maintenance
    Rot, rust, and insect resistant
    Fire resistant
    Earthquake resistant
    Wind resistant
    Mold resistant

and they also produce excellent acoustics.

If you had the money I don't see why you couldn't make it look like a traditional house by attaching wood to the exterior.
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 01-22-21 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The problem is there are different bullets, plus the home shown is only as bulletproof as the glass in those windows.
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 01-18-21 at 06:20.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bullet resistant glass to defeat .50 cal would have to be at least 3" thick weigh over 30 lbs sq ft and likely only defeat 1 round, that punisher guy should have shot twice.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Standard cement block with rebar in each cell, poured solid with grout mix will withstand a .308 at 15 yards. That's the most I had to test it. It didn't go even half way.

The nice thing about blocks is they are relatively easy to DIY- setting the corners and getting started is the hardest part IME. Also they can be bought and stockpiled a little at a time, allowing one to pay cash for their retreat as they should versus having a mortgage on survival property.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    ...except it’s not “bulletproof” in any real sense. Bullet resistant to your neighbor’s AR maybe. .50 BMG wouldn’t even notice.

Anybody who is coming for you for real will be able to penetrate or breach anything not specifically engineered to be resistant to penetration or breach... and if they really want you even that won’t help. Remember Waco, when 1st Cav came knocking?

A better bet, IMO, is bullet and penetration resistive that’s concealed and thus unexpected. That will at least give you some time while they figure out what to do next.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-21-21 at 20:59.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast