Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas

Feedback Score

Christmas

So I since my wife knows I love guns I told her that I wanted to buy myself a new one for Christmas. The Florida gun show will be in Fort Walton Beach this weekend so I am going there with the following wish list to pick from:
    Beretta PX4 .40 cal or Glock 23
    Saiga-12
    S&W 357 rem revolver or Rossi 357 revolver (2 in barrels)
    Ruger LCP .380
    AK-47

Not sure which one I might buy, or perhaps I'll get two if I pick some of the cheaper ones. Any suggestions from you guys? I really don't know how much each go for, but I feel like a $500 - $800 gift for myself is about right.

Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas to me!
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally for me, from your list, I'd go with the AK. Top of the banners list. Though it's probably the most likely to see greedy mark-ups too.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Pass on the Beretta PX-4. Had one, had too many problems and CS sucked. Get the G23 or the AK.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    What kind of problems did you have with the PX4? What does CS stand for?
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMGoldenEagle View Post
    What kind of problems did you have with the PX4? What does CS stand for?
    I think CS stands for customer service.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    personally I would get the AK.....not only is it the most valued now, it is the one most likely to see its value increase if there is a new ban....

to add perhaps a point of curiousity...what about an XD-M in 9mm? I am a glock guy, but I must admit 19+1 of 9mm REALLY intrigues me.....

Feedback Score
    I'm not really a fan of the XD. It just didn't feel comfortable in my hands.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was at the gun show last weekend here in B'ham .No S-12 around tons of Ak's but marked way up.But on the list I would go Ak .as stated on the top of the ban list.I have own 13 ak's in my time Poly tec,Arsenal ,vepr, etc. now down to just a saiga ak-103 with side folder and a S-12 .I always said once I get a Russian ak I am done buying AK's.

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'd go with the Saiga-12. Magazine fed shotguns are rare enough as it is, and they are something very likely to be restricted in the future.

Even if an AWB isn't enacted by Congress, Obama can simply use an executive order to ban importation of any hi-capacity feeding device or assault-weapon-looking firearm. Think about it, no AK derivatives imported at all, and no US content exceptions to make them legal after the requisite modifications.

Bush 41 did this in '89, so there's no reason Obama can't do it. Of course, this would still leave us to buy anything made in the US, and would actually support jobs in the US firearms industry. Sounds like a "win-win" for Obama, doesn't it?

Feedback Score
    What do you guys typically do when you buy yourself a gift for Christmas....do you wrap it stick it under the tree, so it is not to be touched until Christmas or is fair game to play with right away?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast