Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol —> SBR in 2021 a smart move?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pistol —> SBR in 2021 a smart move?

I have a few extra bucks and I’ve always wanted to Form 1 my MK18 pistol. Part of me wonders if putting myself onto a relatively small list is a horrible idea, but a part of me wonders if it’ll be ban-proof, as NFA items are already regulated to the point the incoming administration wants to regulate 16” semi-auto rifles. I haven’t seen any proposals to crack down on NFA items.

From a function standpoint I’d rather have a stock than a brace. I should point out it’s my go-to HD firearm right now.

Should I do it? The interstate travel hassle doesn’t seem like much of a hurdle to me. I live in IL 5 mins from IN, and I mainly shoot in IN. As I understand it I can submit the requisite form and state I’ll be traveling from Jan 1 to Dec 31 and I’m GTG for that year.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You're probably already on a bunch of lists...If you want an SBR and if you can swing it, I say do it.

I shoot my 11.5" upper in both configs (two lowers), and find them to be fairly similar from a functional and usability standpoint. Like you said, the stock is nicer and there's less chance of ATF shennagans with the NFA stuff.
    Last edited by kerplode; 01-08-21 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    I have a few extra bucks and I’ve always wanted to Form 1 my MK18 pistol. Part of me wonders if putting myself onto a relatively small list is a horrible idea, but a part of me wonders if it’ll be ban-proof, as NFA items are already regulated to the point the incoming administration wants to regulate 16” semi-auto rifles. I haven’t seen any proposals to crack down on NFA items.

From a function standpoint I’d rather have a stock than a brace. I should point out it’s my go-to HD firearm right now.

Should I do it? The interstate travel hassle doesn’t seem like much of a hurdle to me. I live in IL 5 mins from IN, and I mainly shoot in IN. As I understand it I can submit the requisite form and state I’ll be traveling from Jan 1 to Dec 31 and I’m GTG for that year.
    I am sure you sre already on THE LIST for being here.

Do the SBR. It makes mych more sence for a practical shooting point of view.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    We have an incoming potus who’s called freedom loving and 2A supporters domestic terrorists and you’re worried about compliance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I worry about it less with every passing day...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    I haven’t seen any proposals to crack down on NFA items.
    Well, someone was bound to jinx it.

Feedback Score
    Seriously, just go ahead and do it. When/if the day actually comes that they knock on your door, we'll all be in it together.
    Last edited by Bret; 01-08-21 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SBR. Much more practical.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I agree with a lot of this and see both sides but the time is quickly coming where all guns will be demonized and moves to confiscation are on the horizon. So do you want to further comply or just say f it. Its up to you and you have to live with it. So sad the days are here where these conversations are necessary.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    IFAIK,You can't cross state borders with a SBR without prior approval and some states are a no go. The pistol on the other hand.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast