Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
There are a lot of good lighter 308 gas guns too chose from today. If I may ask what is your budget, I think you should consider reliability and durability a little different for your next rifle as military durability often times means heavier. While I personally consider both to be important factors in what i like, I think most of todays mid to high end guns are very reliable, and often times, noticeably lighter than something with a mil pedigree.

I personally have 3, 308 gas guns as the moment, A SR25 ACC, a Scar 17, and an MWS, all are great guns for there own reasons. If I has to chose one it would be the MWS. Its just more flexible and at its lightest configuration its only about a half pound heavier than the SR25, or Scar.

For your case, I think that if you are looking for a field gun, i think something like the POF revolution is pretty interesting and they seem to have a solid rep. you could be right around 10lbs loaded with optic. If you want something with a little more of a mil pedigree, maybe consider the Scar. its not my favorite rifle in my collection but it does perform.
What is your lightweight MES setup?