Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I “need” it?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I used to want a 1301 but I bought an A400 and it sucked (doesn’t suck as much after I sent it back). Beretta customer service sucks. And forget about any rebates they offer, you’ll never get it.

Feedback Score
    I'll admit I'm not a SG guy. I sold my Tromix built Saiga 12 SBS to my friend and I never shot it. I know that SG are devastating, but they just aren't my thing. Ammo is bulky and heavy.

Feedback Score
    I decided to buy the 1301. If I don’t like it than I guess I could always just sell it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most of the haters for the 1301 are folks who haven't a clue how to work a shotgun, and I don't mean basic manipulations. The 1301 is entirely designed and intended for LE(maybe MIL, I don't know) and SD work. If you haven't taken a defensive shotgun course or aren't familiar with the tactics and manual of arms associated, then you may well dislike the way the 1301 operates. That being said, if you do understand the tactics and manual of arms for a defensive shotgun, then you may well be in heaven. The only real gripe is the cross bolt safety as it is not ambidextrous.

The complaint about the bolt release on gen 1 guns is again a complaint from the less informed/trained. The possibility of activating the shell release during use is near zero. It's about as likely as putting your car in park while you're driving.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I decided to buy the 1301. If I don’t like it than I guess I could always just sell it.
    close to three moths later? Did you buy and how do you like?

I have a Benelli SBE SBS 12 gauge (basically a M2), a 870 in 12 ga with 18" and a 24" barrel, two 870's with 20" barrels in 20 ga and a single shot 20 ga.
    I really don't need another SG but I do want one. I'd love to unregister my SBS and convert it back to bird hunting only since I have a 26" barrel for it. I want to run a semi 18" HD SG like the 1301. But then I start thinking tht's too many different platform in SG's alone and I'd get screwy with the controls from one to another. I should probably just stick with what I have.

ETA I forgot i have a win 1300 also. 6 total SG's. hence, do I really need another?
    Last edited by matemike; 04-07-21 at 06:59.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I used to do a lot of Upland hunting with a pair of AyA sidelocks.
    They were/are double trigger guns. Switching from my single trigger Clays Berettas was really not a problem.

I have a 1301 that’s moderately tricked out. It’s a range gun and SD shotgun.
    It’s been GTG after a few years and a couple thousand rds.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I sold my 1301 Comp mainly cause I didn't like the safety location. Easy to go on fire, awkward to go on safe if you're about to reload or whatnot. Other than that it ran well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I find that I have more and more use for shotguns. Buy it now, you can always sell it or gift it later. Nothing does work like a gauge inside a structure, either. I personally like my m4s90 SBS for passive use with i2.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    My Beretta 1301 Tactical set up just how *I* want it. Romeo 4T in a ADM QD low mount gives a less cluttered sight picture and a more heads up position, but I still get a solid cheek weld with QD capability. Modlite and Modlite M-lok switch, Modlite in a Magpul aluminum M-lok mount kicks the light out just enough where it doesn't light up the front sight at all and I can activate the switch with either hand. Not shown, a Magpul MS1 padded sling. I will probably add the Aridus shell carrier at some point. Did I need this shotgun ? No, just like I didn't really need my new $38,000. 2021 SUV, my AR's or hi-cap 9mm pistols. When it comes to my toys/ hobbies, I get whatever I want and can afford.
    I am 69yrs young, so I want to enjoy the fruits of my labors, **now**, because at some point in the future I will not be able to, to the extent that I do now. There is really no right or wrong way on how you play your cards on the things you buy if you can afford them, because nobody will be taking anything with them when they pass, so enjoy the things you can have *now*, while you still can.

Last edited by Biggy; 04-13-21 at 07:17.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Deleted
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-08-21 at 12:57.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast