Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple threatens to kick Parlor out of the App Store unless they “moderate”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I was thinking about this today, what is coming will bring print media back, not the big newspapers but newsletters and pamphlets, 1776 all over again. That and ham radio and maybe Radio Free America in Mexico or somewhere. Though I suspect that somewhere in free America someone will invent alternative internets, you can't stop the signal. Maybe a good business for Trump to look into.
    There's a facebook page called MAGA TV where he claimed just a bit ago (after getting banned on twitter) he's planning on a new platform, and other new things.

I decided to prepare to get out of the facebook game, and signed up on Parler and Parlor. Not sure what one is the more popular, so I did both... lol. I'm "Space Ghost" there. My call sign in Iraq.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 01-08-21 at 22:01.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    There's a facebook page called MAGA TV where he claimed just a bit ago (after getting banned on twitter) he's planning on a new platform, and other new things.

I decided to prepare to get out of the facebook game, and signed up on parler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The wife has an Android phone and while in civilization this evening she tried getting the Parler App via the Google Store. Alas, it was not to be found. We only use the cell phones when we are out of this cellular dead zone, but it looks like no Parler for the wife on the phone. She has not explored it for the computer....nor have I.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The wife has an Android phone and while in civilization this evening she tried getting the Parler App via the Google Store. Alas, it was not to be found. We only use the cell phones when we are out of this cellular dead zone, but it looks like no Parler for the wife on the phone. She has not explored it for the computer....nor have I.
    If you go to the Parler.com website and scroll to the very bottom there are links to download the app for Android and Apple. You will get a warning from your phone regarding the danger of downloading apps not directly from the Play Store, click accept or continue, the app will download, and when you click on it, it will install.

Please only download apps from known sources, such as the parler.com website, not any other 3rd party sites.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You don't need Google play. I've never used Google play to download anything, I go directly to the website. I don't know how it works with Apple but I assume the same way?!

Just downloaded Parler

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-08-21 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    I got both just today, Parlor is chock full of stupid adds. You can get rid of them if you buy 3,000 points. (about $20)

No adds on Parler, but I can't seem to find any of the people I know on either... yet.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Just like the Soviet union . Wait until the credit cards stop working because you are a gunowner that didn;t turn in the guns or get Vaccinated or said the wrong thing on some website etc.
    Last edited by SteveS; 01-08-21 at 22:58.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Man this is happening way faster than anyone anticipated.
    The gov can be extremely fast and efficient when it wants to be...
    But yeah, this is all going to domino faster than anyone will expect.
    In fact I'll bet right now it's going to happen even faster than anyone can *react* to.

The sites,apps, and forums we use to get news and associate are going to blink off, the "lists of names" are going to get hit right after in the blind confusion, and in the bubble of complicit media blackout the people they want to disappear will go poof.
    Won't matter if you see it go down with your own eyes and film it, there will simply be no way to post what you've seen. The disappeared will get no 'day in court' because terrorists don't have rights.
    Your options will be "alone in a pile of brass" or "go quietly". Given the lack of warning, I expect FAR more of option 2.
    The jackbooting is going to get real, real fast... They will likely have little to fear in retaliation.
    #harshtruths

Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Parler will just be the first, forums like this will not exist in two years .
    The question is... what is our alt comm/association plan?
    Maybe the local forum sections need to be getting a little more traffic....

I've been seeing (and occasionally experiencing) what's been happening on Fbook, YT, Twitter, etc for YEARS now.
    I really don't know WHY people on the right continue to be SO blindly trusting of big tech. Fools.
    As I shared in the AmCon thread, every account associated with them got Thanos-snapped the literal eve of the election. Because they were dumb enough to trust a blatantly leftist site/app, then I got to watch the discomfiture on the Locals pages as people tried to figure out they'd been had, and how to re-connect.

People forget...the app/site/etc may CHOOSE TO ALLOW you to 1A to your hearts content...but that policy doesn't guarantee your ability to USE the app/site if the owners or other tech influencers decide to be good Comrades.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 01-09-21 at 02:02.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You know, at some point there has to be anti-trust issues here...

Of course, that's never going to happen with a Democrat Congress and White House.
    It’s not anti-trust when DoJ is telling them to do it, or else. Remember Operation Choke Point?

I see a lot of people saying do a direct download from the site(s). Well I hope you don’t plan on updating your iDevice or Android OS hardware, because all they have to do is update the code and none of the blacklisted apps will work anymore.

The new administration is going to go nuclear on us almost immediately. Expect a full spectrum attack on comms, finances, online and real world reputations, the works. Cancel culture isn’t just for the social media stars anymore.

I get that you might not think it’s time to go native, but by the time it is, it will be too late. We are increasing speed exponentially now, hope you’re ready for the brave new world.
    Last edited by glocktogo; 01-09-21 at 02:24.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don’t think sites like this will be banned, the service providers (cable co or phone) will just say “we don’t allow extremist content” one day and when you click the M4 or TOS link it will just 404 or time out.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast