Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VP9L Suppressor sight issue

Feedback Score

VP9L Suppressor sight issue

Does anybody have experience with the new VP9Ls with the XS suppressor sights? Mine is zeroed at5yrds with 115 and 124 gr ammo and is about 6” high at 25yrds and well over a foot at 100.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Are you running a dot as well?
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    No dot yet, I can’t find an adapter plate for an RMR.

Feedback Score
    Its shooting over a foot high at 100yds?

Sounds like one of the sights is the wrong height. How many rounds per group and how big are your groups?

Feedback Score
    Didn’t measure grip size at 100, but I was shooting clay pigeons. The group size at closer ranges was fine. The sights are the ones fitted from the factory.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I bought a VP9 2000 slide from HK for use with an RMR. I'm pretty sure it has those same XS suppressor-height sights from the factory.

I've had the same experience...They're not the right height and shoot quite high past ~5yds.

For now, I just ignore the irons and shoot to the RMR. Eventually I'll probably swap them out.

Feedback Score
    I like the sight picture from the factory sights, but the zero is unacceptable, is Dawson the only option for a fix?

Feedback Score
    Just got a VP9 Tactical OR with those sights. Was hoping to hit the range this weekend, didn’t happen. Maybe today - I’ll report here my findings.
    This is interesting as I almost just ordered 2 sets of these XS sights for another VP9OR and VP9 of mine that I hooked up with threaded barrels.
    I will say that with my SiCo 36M on the VP9TOR, the XS sights are kinda worthless. And, honestly, I’m over trying to co-witness with my optics.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 01-18-21 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    Brahms, I’m interested in what you find.

I’m not even worried about any co witness. I think a 5 yrd zero is useless though. Hopefully I can try some 147 gr and it will be slightly better.
    Last edited by Corse; 01-18-21 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    Ok, got the new VP9TOR out yesterday. Ran 124s and 147s through it @ 10 and 15yds. The tall XS sights were zero’d normally for me as with any other HK iron, except for shooting slightly left. Consistently left. Thanks HK. But elevation seemed dead-on, and what I expected at those distances. Not sure I’m a fan of the blacked-out rear sight.

What wasn’t cool is the constant stove pipes/FTEs I was getting. I’ve got a boatload of HKs and a lot of VP9s in various flavors and have never experienced this with any of them. I do notice the slide takes a lot more effort to pull back than my others, even another VP9 with a brand new recoil spring.
    Does the VP9TOR come with a higher pound recoil spring? I need to field strip again and see what’s going on with it. Seemed same ol VP9 stuff when I first tore it down, out of the box.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 01-24-21 at 06:41.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast