Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: who here is into cycling ? gravel Mtn Road or ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice!
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yup, that's gorgeous. Proper fit and compliance (frame, large volume tires, thicker hoods, more grip tape) are the unsung things that make bikes actually great.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The Alchemy is mine. The Devinci now belongs to my son. Both photos were taken on 'New Bike Day' and they're both now grimier than the photos suggest. We ride the shit out of these bikes. The wife rides a Specialized hardtail and both my daughters have new Treks respective to their age and size.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-20-21 at 07:47.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I am old school so always shimano BUT I really need to build or get a bike with Sram one day just so I know first hand etc...

nice bikes boba

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I am old school so always shimano BUT I really need to build or get a bike with Sram one day just so I know first hand etc...

nice bikes boba
    I think the group sets are pretty similar when you’re comparing the same tiers. However, I prefer Shimano’s hydraulic brakes.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

nice bikes boba
    A good buddy of mine and riding buddy is up the management food chain at SRAM. That said, I prefer the SRAM Eagle drive train over the others. I prefer Fox suspensions and droppers, and Shimano for brakes. Top bike is a short/mid travel 29 and the bottom bike is a mid/long travel 29. Neither feel under-gunned for the trails I negotiate out on the Front Range.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a Diamondback Overdrive hardtail last year. Pretty fun bike. It’s relatively flat around here so no real jumps or anything too crazy.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    A good buddy of mine and riding buddy is up the management food chain at SRAM. That said, I prefer the SRAM Eagle drive train over the others. I prefer Fox suspensions and droppers, and Shimano for brakes. Top bike is a short/mid travel 29 and the bottom bike is a mid/long travel 29. Neither feel under-gunned for the trails I negotiate out on the Front Range.
    Yeah, for front range, your setup is totally baller.

Eagle for drivetrain is basically unbeatable, to compete on weight/price (OEM comparison) and gear range with Shimano, I need to run XT and e.13 cassette, and that gives up the shifting elegance that Shimano should carry as an edge.
    Brakes are a wash anymore, that wandering bite point on the newer stuff basically outweighs the advantage of 4-piston for me. I need to just suck it up and by some Saints and call it good, or else move to CodeRSC's for how much extra mass I'm rolling with being both tall and out of shape.

Mid-travel 29er (150/140) is so thoroughly capable with the right setup that yeah, anywhere a full face helmet isn't mandatory that should be the bike. As a two-bike setup, that and a hardtail (Diamondback Overdrive is plenty nice for me) gets it done.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123