Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I went 1.93

Feedback Score

I went 1.93

I found hunkering down to the 1.5" mount height for my Aimpoint and scope to be uncomfortable. I have had neck surgery so that's probably a contributing factor. The 1.93" is close to perfect! Really prefer it.

Scalarworks seemed to have the lightest quick release so I purchased from them. There are others.

Aesthetically, the height seems awkward and not as pleasing. I lost my co-witness, too, but so what. I'm able to mount the rifle and get on target much easier/quicker/comfortably whether RD or scope.
    Last edited by Mean Bone; 01-10-21 at 20:55.
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m at 1.93 as well and it will “look” awkward for a while. I like it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I started using a 1.93 mount years ago with a Trijicon 1-4x when they first came out. I liked the heads up both eyes open ability it gave me with a carbine.

That was maybe 10 years ago? The tritium is starting to dim out on that optic, though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is this slightly higher than a lower 1/3rd? Went from a Absolute co-witness to lower 1/3rd and loked that.

Wondering if I'd like the 1.93 better?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Is this slightly higher than a lower 1/3rd? Went from a Absolute co-witness to lower 1/3rd and loked that.

Wondering if I'd like the 1.93 better?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Depending on the specific optic, a 1.93" mount will place your optic in the ballpark of 0.2" higher than common lower 1/3 mounts. The universal sentiment regarding RDS height tends to be that taller mounts will be comfortable so long as most of your shooting is not done from the prone.

Most of my shooting is done wearing full kit and an aid bag. I like having a taller mount and find it much more comfortable to shoot with, especially when I have to wear a pro mask.

Recently, I picked up a KDG Sidelok riser and an XPS3-0. Together, they place the optic at ~2.12" (1.5" for XPS + 0.62" for KDG) and so far I dig it. With a true 200y zero, my POI @ 100y is barely 1" high and the POI @ 150y is 1.5" high. Holdovers from 5-25 are negligibly different than the EXPS. It's also not so obnoxiously high that shooting in the prone is a chore. Bonus points - aiming with a pro mask is much easier and passively aiming under NODs is also easier.

TL;DR- If you can, try the 1.93" height and see if you dig it. Give it a few weeks, and if you don't jive with it, at least you gave it a shot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I was running a dbal/peq15 I'd probably end up switching over on my RDS rifles. For LPVO the 1.93 feels very comfortable. You'll like the Scalarworks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you want to experiment with optics height, a YHM half inch riser is super cheap. Like $30, and you can trade it to a homie thats also trying to experiment when you’re done. With Aimpoint Micros, it takes an absolute cowitness mount to ~1.92” and a lower 1/3 mount to ~2”-2.1”. Other optics may be a little higher. Its long enough that you can mount your existing magnifier on it, also.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Been looking to switch to the Scalarworks 1.93 ever since I got NODs.

Can't find one anywhere...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Been looking to switch to the Scalarworks 1.93 ever since I got NODs.

Can't find one anywhere...
    I hear ya!

Put my email on the list to be notified if back in stock but checked the website everyday.

I got really lucky and found it "In Stock" one morning a few days after New Year. Ordered immediately. Checked later the same day and they were all gone. Never got an email notice that they were back in stock so apparently they go really fast.

Moral: Check website everyday.
    Last edited by Mean Bone; 01-24-21 at 14:24.
    BCM RECCE-16 ELW Aimpoint T2, Scalarworks 1.92
    You need to be, not seem to be.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you want to experiment with optics height, a YHM half inch riser is super cheap. Like $30, and you can trade it to a homie thats also trying to experiment when you’re done.
    Truglo TG8970B could be another option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast