Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I went 1.93

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you want to experiment with optics height, a YHM half inch riser is super cheap. Like $30, and you can trade it to a homie thats also trying to experiment when you’re done. With Aimpoint Micros, it takes an absolute cowitness mount to ~1.92” and a lower 1/3 mount to ~2”-2.1”. Other optics may be a little higher. Its long enough that you can mount your existing magnifier on it, also.
    This is good info

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like 1.93” mounts but stuck with 1.55” on my Aimpoint because it’s too much difference going from 1.93” to 1.44” with my irons-only guns. Which I have more of than optics.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Been looking to switch to the Scalarworks 1.93 ever since I got NODs.

Can't find one anywhere...
    Have you looked into the Unity Tactical FAST Micro mount? It sits at 2.26" vs 1.93" on the Scalarworks, but it's absolutely awesome for passive aiming through NV.

I run a Comp M5 in the FAST Micro mount with my RNVGs and I find myself using the laser less and less now. The cost between the two mounts is almost identical, but I feel you get a lot more from the Unity mount for the money.. and that's coming from someone who owns the Scalarworks mounts and likes them.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I do wish Scalarworks made a mount just high enough to barely sneak a sight picture under.

The 1.93” works well with NV, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Have you looked into the Unity Tactical FAST Micro mount? It sits at 2.26" vs 1.93" on the Scalarworks, but it's absolutely awesome for passive aiming through NV.

I run a Comp M5 in the FAST Micro mount with my RNVGs and I find myself using the laser less and less now. The cost between the two mounts is almost identical, but I feel you get a lot more from the Unity mount for the money.. and that's coming from someone who owns the Scalarworks mounts and likes them.

RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you want to experiment with optics height, a YHM half inch riser is super cheap. Like $30, and you can trade it to a homie thats also trying to experiment when you’re done. With Aimpoint Micros, it takes an absolute cowitness mount to ~1.92” and a lower 1/3 mount to ~2”-2.1”. Other optics may be a little higher. Its long enough that you can mount your existing magnifier on it, also.
    Yeah, I went this route to see if I like the 1.93 setup for a Steiner 1-4x.

The real issue for me is finding a 1.93" mount that extends as far as my Recon X. I think there is 1 option, Bobro:
    https://www.bobroengineering.com/Sin...-193_p_98.html

Defoor was pushing a riser made by Bobro. He said you could use normal rings to get whatever height you wanted. But still not enough forward extension if you shoot NTCH.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Messing with LPVOs and higher red dot mounts has mostly cured my of my desire to NTCH. When I first got my Steiners, I had a hard time finding the right mount height and extension. I use my P4Xi in a Recon H and run the stock slightly further back. Works really well for GP use. Although, I’ve been mostly using my T2 lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Yeah, I went this route to see if I like the 1.93 setup for a Steiner 1-4x.

The real issue for me is finding a 1.93" mount that extends as far as my Recon X. I think there is 1 option, Bobro:
    https://www.bobroengineering.com/Sin...-193_p_98.html

Defoor was pushing a riser made by Bobro. He said you could use normal rings to get whatever height you wanted. But still not enough forward extension if you shoot NTCH.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I want to get Unity's whole setup with a magnifier. I just don't know as I would run NODS about only 1/10 of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have MRO's, the Unity Tactical mount is for the Aimpoint profile.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Lol if you think the 1.93 is awkward OP wait until you see one of the Unity FAST mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    I want to get Unity's whole setup with a magnifier. I just don't know as I would run NODS about only 1/10 of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's worth it at all times IMO. Meaning, the performance bump you get for NV is great, but it's great at everything else too. Obviously nothing makes anybody faster as a 1:1 result, but the 1.93 (and even more so the Unity FAST) helps me get on target more easily. Which leads to speed and accuracy at the same time. Really like it.

Unity is really doing some cool stuff, their Hot Button is another great innovation...and will be replacing the SR07 or Mod Button on all guns for me.

In this pic the NF/Badger combo is 1.7, the MRO is 1.93, and the T2 is at 2.26. Won't ever go back to a 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I have MRO's, the Unity Tactical mount is for the Aimpoint profile.
    Per Unity, the FAST mount for MRO footprint is in dev.
    Last edited by munch520; 01-13-21 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Timely thread.

I’d like to buy a T2 with Scalarworks mount but am not sure which height to buy.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast