Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 more NG troops assigned to Inaguration

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    How about everybody who shows up acts calmly. Remains silent. While holding signs saying "I'd rather have Cornpop!"
    How about dont go to the obvious bait.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I personally know a Guardsman headed to DC. Standup guy. There’s no way he would shoot someone who isn’t causing violence to himself or someone else.

I think the drama of this is getting ridiculous.

We have Trump claiming the hugest inauguration, we had Obama with (as I recall) a quite large inauguration, and now...we’re going to have soldiers.

The optics are not good, though of course the reason is because of how heavily armed the right wing militia members are. You have to have soldiers, clearly. In all seriousness, you should have soldiers if the enemy is armed as well as soldiers. This isn’t going to backfire at all, this builds on the supposition that guns are bad, body armor is bad, 5.56 ammo is bad, and we know all this is true because we had to pull 20,000 good American citizen soldiers to protect a duly elected president’s inauguration after a violent attempt, led by the previous president, to oust the election.

You guys have to see this. Remember who controls the news.

Side note...I’m not sure the powers that be realize how many of those 20,000 might end of acting more like the National Guard of Paris back in the day than dutiful Wehrmacht.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    How do they social distance?
    They don’t, we didn’t when we were responding to the riots in Los Angeles last summer. They put about 1,200 of us in the convention center on FEMA cots. Leadership tried to enforce social distancing of cots but it was just not feasible. I mean my company was spaced out somewhat decently, everyone but me and the commander, our cots were like two feet apart. Other units were super tightly packed in together. Also didn’t help that they had only 20 showers for all those people and of the two bathrooms available, one kept being closed due to toilets getting clogged.

But after 9 days of that, with just about everyone there spending 12 plus hours a day out at various points of the city, not a single case of Covid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    They don’t, we didn’t when we were responding to the riots in Los Angeles last summer. They put about 1,200 of us in the convention center on FEMA cots. Leadership tried to enforce social distancing of cots but it was just not feasible. I mean my company was spaced out somewhat decently, everyone but me and the commander, our cots were like two feet apart. Other units were super tightly packed in together. Also didn’t help that they had only 20 showers for all those people and of the two bathrooms available, one kept being closed due to toilets getting clogged.

But after 9 days of that, with just about everyone there spending 12 plus hours a day out at various points of the city, not a single case of Covid.
    It's like how covid didn't infect anyone at all the riots this summer, but we had to cancel New Year's Eve. It's a very considerate virus when it comes to leftists and their causes.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    That and the fact the Joint Chiefs had to put out a memo yesterday clarifying who the big boss was.

Liberals are celebrating the fact the military said some of the things they said in the memo and feel "vindicated" over their insurrection comments. They totally miss the huge elephant in the room with that.

If you have to put out an official memo declaring who the President is going to be and reminding your troops of their oath, you've got a serious underlying problem on your hands. I was in for 20 years and never saw any kind of memo like that. And that's a serious problem.
    FWIW, I never saw anything from JCS. I did get an email from ACS and his only reference was to the Constitution. But that obviously gets interpreted differently.

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    They sure didn't hesitate at Kent. All it took was some rock throwing to get them to mow down a fleeing crowd of unarmed college students. And that was back in a time when people weren't nearly as jumpy as they are today, and I think young people back then were more mature than they are today. Most of these NG troops out there are going to be gen z, with millennials as their senior NCOs and officers. And who knows what they're being told by their commanders. For all we know they're getting them all amped up or just plain scaring them shitless with over-hyped intel reports about the big bad boomer and his army of gray headed domestic terrorists.
    That’s where I’m concerned. Peaceful protest, no issues. But if the NG gets attacked, whether by conservatives or ANTIFA posing as conservatives, that quickly becomes a very complicated and dangerous story. And sadly I really wouldn’t be surprised if idiots from one or both of those groups try something.

Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post

Yeah we gave up on that shit a while ago. I’ve had three positives in my company but have probably had several dozen violate social distancing every day since May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1. Chris Miller, under Trump's command ordered these NG troops.
    2. Trump can federalize these troops with the stroke of a pen
    3. The capitol is fenced.....to keep congress in one place to round them all up at once.
    4. The Insurrection Act was signed by Trump on Jan 12. 2021
    5. The round up may occur on Jan 17th, a significant number. What is the 17th letter of the Alphabet?
    6. Or, the roundup may occur at noon Jan 20
    7. The 2nd impeachment and the upcoming Senate trial shows who are Patriots and who the traitors are.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    1. Chris Miller, under Trump's command ordered these NG troops.
    2. Trump can federalize these troops with the stroke of a pen
    3. The capitol is fenced.....to keep congress in one place to round them all up at once.
    4. The Insurrection Act was signed by Trump on Jan 12. 2021
    5. The round up may occur on Jan 17th, a significant number. What is the 17th letter of the Alphabet?
    6. Or, the roundup may occur at noon Jan 20
    7. The 2nd impeachment and the upcoming Senate trial shows who are Patriots and who the traitors are.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    What alternate dimension do you inhabit and how are you accessing this world's internet? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

10,000 more NG troops assigned to Inaguration

Biden will sign the insurrection act and there will be martial law, for the safety of the people because of all you white supreme ist domestic terrorists.

You have to see this just by how they’re framing the narrative on the House floor and media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Biden will sign the insurrection act and there will be martial law, for the safety of the people because of all you white supreme ist domestic terrorists.

You have to see this just by how they’re framing the narrative on the House floor and media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's crazy.

Crap, it's 2021 so the declaration of martial law is a better bet than a unifying behind some kind of shared path forward.

I kind of said the same thing, but less succinctly in another thread.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    No legitimately elected government on the planet has ever had to fill the streets with armed soldiers to make an election stick.
    I'll go with it's NOT legitimately elected, therefore it's GTG to be like a banana republic?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast