Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 more NG troops assigned to Inaguration

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/polit...ton/index.html

20,000 NG ? WTF are they planning for?
    300 loopy guys with pointy sticks who want to get their hands on the 10 Republican back stabbers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Best rumor I'm clinging to is a brilliant plan to surround DC keeping thugs from getting out after violent riots & cleaning house on antifa / blm / etc...maybe even throw in a treasonous elected official.

What an insane amount of guard...interesting times we are witnessing.
    That’s an interesting rumor.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sebastian Gorka, who is friends with the president, has worked with the president says there will be a peaceful transition of power...I believe him. Beats these rumors that some are thinking will come true. Gossip kills, just say no.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 01-13-21 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    The rumors don’t matter. Either they are true or false. You can’t do anything about it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Just the pictures of the Guards all over the Capitol, those not on duty were sleeping or resting all over the halls makes me sad and angry. If there are ammo in those M4 and M9, there is the potential of those Americans Guardsmen shooting and killing other Americans just to protect the corrupt, elite, swamp dwellers. So sad and disturbing.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Even a small State like New Mexico has sent National Guard members to D.C. I found out yesterday. Our 93rd Troop Command in Santa Fe has sent a company of Military Police from the 226th Military Police Battalion. With that group is the Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment S-3, and he is leading them, an Army CPT I know personally...
    Yeah, seriously, what's up with that? They've already dropped 15k troops on the capitol, the heck do they need a couple hundred here and there from THAT far out?
    Not the first one I've heard of; I can't remember the page I saw it on, but they've called up 200 more from another 'nowhere near DC" state.
    I mean, really?
    Is it worth it for them to transport that few troops that far?
    What, are they planning some sort of lame "all 50 states represented to show support for Team Biden" optics stunt?
    Wait, I better not laugh yet, I can already hear the news reporters commentating on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/polit...ton/index.html

20,000 NG ? WTF are they planning for?
    Exactly who the heck are they planning to go to war with? I mean, Geez, if they can't lock down the capitol grounds and inauguration street-walk area with 15k + local PD, what does upping it to 20k solve?
    And if they ARE so afraid that someone might 'do something' violent, like, have they ever heard of 'guerrilla warfare'? Don't they realize there's a point of pointless saturation if they're likely going to end up dealing with some sort of random lone actor, not some ridiculous soviet-style human wave Trump attack?
    This is the dumbest show of force I've seen...

Remember the 'white house siege' a few months back? A couple dudes making the rounds with big-ass sniper rifles was enough to get the job done. And that was vs. people who might ACTUALLY have tried to burn the place down or something (given their rhetoric to same), vs. people who nearly revere the military, and would be loathe to engage them even if shit really was kicking off...
    I don't get it.
    The only thing I can think of that makes ANY sense is A) our dear leaders are bitches with way thinner skin than expected, and SOMEONE among them is panicking HARD, or B) they think this makes them look strong somehow. But as they say, "if you have to say 'I am king'...", C) they are deliberately drawing NG bodies away from areas all over the US because they are planning something worse.

I very much get the vibe that this is a "do something obvious with one hand while the other does something behind your back" thing. I haven't seen such a blatantly obvious top to bottom media and government spin on any event since Charlottesville.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The emperor's coronation must not be disrupted by the great unwashed.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    This where the unconditional support of both LE and .mil needs to be called into question. Those NG troops will hopefully not have loaded weapons. For them to protect the vile scum inhabiting DC is pure anathema. For them to take violent action against (actual) peaceful protesters makes them the enemy. Same with LE. At some point both LEO's and .mil may have to choose a side, who to protect, whose orders to follow or disregard. My fear is that most likely they will make an incorrect choice, and the repercussions may be disturbing.

Feedback Score
    How about everybody who shows up acts calmly. Remains silent. While holding signs saying "I'd rather have Cornpop!"
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast