Thread: My First 9mm AR pistol build

Feedback Score

My First 9mm AR pistol build

This build was a long and researched process. Looked at many youtube videos of those who built a 9mm AR platform pistol. I listened to "Experts", DIY'ers, and long time gunsmiths give their $0.02 worth of advise. From there I chose what I liked that fit my taste for a lower, Sharps Bros. Jack 9 glock receiver. Was readily available, good price point and skully..lol The upper was where I was concerned the most with buffer, buffer spring, and BCG. All that was relived when I saw stern upper and recommendation of Angstadt Arms AR-15 9mm 5.4 oz Carbine Buffer Assembly w/ Carbine Buffer Spring, 9mm Buffer Spacer. After the initial break in and cleaning process the pistol operated without any issue, ate all the different ammo i feed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    I bought full 9mm ARs for my daughter and myself. I've built a lot of ARs, but I know the 9mm guns may not run from the start. I hope yours does not have any issues.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a great build.
    I run a Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer, smoothest shooting 9mm I’ve ever ran

Feedback Score
    It hasn't given me an issues since break in, almost 500 rounds and no hiccups ��

Feedback Score
    I'll have to take a peek at the hydraulic buffer, sounds like a great set up.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bittervinom1 View Post
    It hasn't given me an issues since break in, almost 500 rounds and no hiccups ��
    That speaks rather strongly to the success of your build. The Jack lower will piss off both the Fudds and the operators, but I don't hate it.

What are you planning for sights?

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-15-21 at 12:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That speaks rather strongly to the success of your build. The Jack lower will piss off both the Fudds and the operators, but I don't hate it.

What are you planning for a sighting?

Andy
    The site i plan on either Vortex or luepold red dot,