Thread: FN 509 LS Edge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FN 509 LS Edge

Anyone else had a chance to put rounds through one?

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Didn't even know it was being mfg. I'd like to bang on one. Ported, Flat trigger must be more of a competition gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Weird gun.

Lots of nice features but I dont really understand where that thing is slotted to be "popular". The magwell precludes it from being accepted as a Carry Optics pistol, at least for now.

I have zero interest in carrying that on duty due to the open slide.

I will say that the flat trigger, magwell and grip texture are nice additions to the 509 line that will hopefully carry over to some of their other products.

Lastly, at approximately 1500 for that...HAHAHAHHAHAH, no.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Didn't even know it was being mfg. I'd like to bang on one. Ported, Flat trigger must be more of a competition gun.

PB
    Too bad you aren't closer, I would loan it to you to go play with.

I've had 6 or 7 people handle and/ or shoot this so far. All have commented that it feels "better" than a Glock 17. All have stated that it feels "good". In this grouping, I've had several people with large hands, as well as several smaller female shooters with small hands. I need to get hand measurements if possible so as to give people reading this a better idea how their own hands fall into this test group.

I'm going to try and give updates with perspective from multiple shooters as well as pics to illustrate those points.

FN 509 LS Edge
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PB
    Too bad you aren't closer, I would loan it to you to go play with.

I've had 6 or 7 people handle and/ or shoot this so far. All have commented that it feels "better" than a Glock 17. All have stated that it feels "good". In this grouping, I've had several people with large hands, as well as several smaller female shooters with small hands. I need to get hand measurements if possible so as to give people reading this a better idea how their own hands fall into this test group.

I'm going to try and give updates with perspective from multiple shooters as well as pics to illustrate those points.

FN 509 LS Edge
    Stick

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    A lot of guns feels better in the hand than the glock 17. Looks like it was intended for USPSA.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    All have commented that it feels "better" than a Glock 17.
    Seems like I've heard that a time or two before when new pistols are released.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Looks like it was intended for USPSA.
    I don't know what it was intended for. I hope that FN knows something or somebody because magwells are a no-go in two USPSA divisions where this gun can compete. Maybe Dave Sevigny talked to someone.

I presume that the magwell is removable but with it removed the frame will be at a compact / G19 length. That would be rather unappealing for USPSA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PB
    No porting, but I can see where threaded barrels and ported versions will be made by the aftermarket community.

Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    No porting, but I can see where threaded barrels and ported versions will be made by the aftermarket community.

Apex has a pic showing a TB for the LS model but it's not for sale on their site yet.