View Poll Results: What aiming device(s) do you use most?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron sights

17 7.08%
  • Red dot / holographic sight

149 62.08%
  • RDS/Holo plus magnifier

17 7.08%
  • 1-4x LPVO

16 6.67%
  • 1-6x LPVO

21 8.75%
  • =/> 1-8x LPVO

20 8.33%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What aiming device do you use on your primary rifle?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Question for the people running 1-8x or greater... Do you run an offset red dot or sights with it, or do you expect it to be your primary optic at (planned or unplanned) CQB range?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want to try the new Vortex HD 3x/5x and an offset rds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint Pro
    Aimpoint T2 lower 1/3
    Primary Arms SLx with American defense mount lower 1/3 (Aimpoint T1 copy)
    Eotech EXPS 3-0 with G33

All gtg.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Your ACOG on the MWS, which one and how do your like it? Currently I run either a CompM4s or a ATACR 1x8 on 308 16".
    TA11H-308G, green horseshoe 308bdc reticle. I dig it. But I run milsurp ammo in it most of the time. M80, L2A2 RG, and the like. It rings steel reliably to 800, haven't really shot groups on paper in a long time. I'll have to try it cause I can't remember where it fell on the "pretty good" spectrum. I would rather not kick doors with this optic, but I can pick up the horseshoe OK enough for close quarters if I had to.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Question for the people running 1-8x or greater... Do you run an offset red dot or sights with it, or do you expect it to be your primary optic at (planned or unplanned) CQB range?
    Nah, just a NX8. If I were going to use an offset rmr I’d use a higher magnification optic.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie3409 View Post
    I'm a believer that you need multiple tools, depending on the job.
    THIS.

Aimpoint T-1's on all my CQB rifles. 1x6 LPVO on my SPR. Leupold Mk.IV CQ/T on my PTR91.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint PRO.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EXPS3-2 + flip magnifier for close/night, Aimpoint Micro T-2 + magnifier for medium, and PA or Vortex LPVO for further away.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Oper8or View Post
    I want to try the new Vortex HD 3x/5x and an offset rds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could be an appealing combo.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I wouldn't use an optic with variable power without some sort of off optic sighting reference. Even a FSP BUIS or offset irons if not a micro red dot. I use irons with my micro at lower 1/3rd as a backup as is. I like how Trijicon put a reference on the ACOGs back in the day, very forward thinking but simple. I use Larue mounts, and this would be a cool option if he has not already done this, I use his micro mount ring adapter that sits square to the scope. I feel like an 45deg offset is a bit faster but you don't have to move more than your eyes to use it. I cringe when I see specops without some sort of irons: but in truth they are trained to point shoot through the tube. I also had this training and you really do not need a tube once you get enough repetition in. Its common to achieve 2” groups at 20 feet point shooting relatively quickly. My concern is the dot dropping while engaging targets outside CQB range or on the outer envelop of it and further. For those who do not like a rear BUIS can run a flip up FSP to get on target in a pinch.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast