Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Wilson Combat Bolt in new Bolt Carrier Group WC-TR-BCA-SBN-556

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bad Wilson Combat Bolt in new Bolt Carrier Group WC-TR-BCA-SBN-556

So I took my new WC Bolt Carrier Group I bought from Midwest Gun Works in September 2020 and installed it in my brand spanking new Midwest Industries upper I just bought and took it to the range today. Loaded up my first mag and pulled the trigger - click. Looked at the round, not mark. Tried again, same thing. I was having a very hard time racking the bolt after pulling the trigger also.

Took the BCG out and disassembled. Firing pin looked okay, everything looked okay but when I held the firing pin and pushed the bolt back to locked position, the firing pin did not protrude through the hole in the bolt face. WTF? Took the bolt out, pushed the firing pin in, and sure enough it would not go through.

Took my Daniel Defense BCG out of my other rifle and compared. Firing pins same and worked interchangeably in the DD. But neither firing pin would protrude in the WC BCG. Kept getting stuck about 1/16" of an inch from the FP shoulder at rear.

Daniel Defence BCG worked perfectly in my MI Upper btw.

Never seen this before in my life, a bad Bolt? Not cut right? Anyone ever see that before?

Took home and cleaned with gun scrubber and pipe cleaner, no debris or anything blocking the firing pin shoulder that I could find, so no other conclusion but the Bolt is bad.

Also, wasn't impressed by the carrier key staking either for a Wilson Combat product. The nitride finish and WC logo etching is nicely done though.

Call to Wilson Combat tomorrow and see what they say.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve seen some recent posts that they had a bunch of out of spec lowers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In the future, contact the manufacturer first.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    WC is great people. They’ll have you a new bolt PDQ if you call ‘em.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What did Wilson Combat say? I'm guessing they said to send it back and they would take care of you...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What did Wilson Combat say? I'm guessing they said to send it back and they would take care of you...
    Yes I did talk to them this morning. Here's what they said after I sent them pictures.

Thanks for your pictures. I can't tell for certain, but I'm sorry you're having issues with our part.
    You're welcome to send in the bolt carrier group for an exchange. You can use the return/exchange form found here: https://www.wilsoncombat.com/customer-service/
    Your bcg will go through inspection, and after a determination we'll send you a new one when we have it back in stock at no charge.
    Please let me know if I can help you further.
    I then sent them back this response:
    I would like it to be returned on WC's dime, not mine. Please send me a UPS pre-paid label and I'll drop it at UPS.

You don't have a new one in stock? That's disappointing.
    They responded with:
    'm sorry, James. Our policy is that we pay for return shipping only.
    As seen on our customer service page, " Returns do take 1 – 2 weeks (minimum) to process after receipt. Shipping is the responsibility of the consumer, no return label will be sent. Exchange items are sent at no cost to the customer."

And yes, we're excited about the demand for our parts and firearms, but also have to acknowledge that in our 40+ years in business we've never been busier. Consequently we're temporarily backordered on many items.
    Thanks for your understanding and your business,
    So now I have to spend at least $10 to send back a defective part to WC and they don't have an ETA on a replacement. I'm done with WC AR parts, will get them from more reliable sources.

Pics for any that are interested are here: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...53309D0C9FC4E4

Feedback Score
    I almost .. almost recommended a buddy pick up one of their BCG recently. Fortunately, Brownells had DD BCG in stock and gave that recommendation instead. He listened and now I won’t have to worry that he’ll be having the same experience as the OP. Hope you’re able to get this straightened out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    I almost .. almost recommended a buddy pick up one of their BCG recently. Fortunately, Brownells had DD BCG in stock and gave that recommendation instead. He listened and now I won’t have to worry that he’ll be having the same experience as the OP. Hope you’re able to get this straightened out.

DDs are the best, but couldn't find one at the time.

Feedback Score
    Nice to know.

At least they got back to you.

I still wanting on a reply from another one.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the entire world jumping through their collective butts to buy firearms and parts along with the demise of the industry in the not so distant future, superior customer service is no longer a priority for some. Believe you just discovered one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast