Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A more traditional rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A more traditional rifle

Im wanting my next rifle to be a more traditional style precision rifle in 308 and lighter weight than my AI. Think something along the line of a M24 or M40. Budget is 2000 dollars. Scope will likely be a Nightforce 4-14 SHV or maybe a Leupold Mk5 3-18

Im really intrigued by the Christensen Arms Mesa LR. I really like the look and feel of them and they run about 1500 bucks.

I also like the Seekins Havak PH2 but I find the spiral fluted barrel to be really ugle.

Anything else in that price range?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Maybe the DD5?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have not met a Christensen owner who is capable of shooting sub .5moa groups who is happy with their gun's accuracy. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Even a Bergara, they seem to be solid guns for the money
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    I have not met a Christensen owner who is capable of shooting sub .5moa groups who is happy with their gun's accuracy. YMMV.
    Good to hear. Thanks.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Even a Bergara, they seem to be solid guns for the money
    I have several friends with the HMR and Pappabear has one of their chassis guns. They can definitely shoot.

But thinking about it now, spending 1500-2000 bucks on a factory rifle is getting into the ballpark of just buying components and having a semi custom gun built. I can get an action pretty easy, get a barrel, and McMillan is right down the road from me. There is a local reloading and precision rifle shop that seems to always have their stocks available....
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Feedback Score
    If I had money to drop on a new rifle today, and didn't want to take the time to have it built, Id just get a Bergara CTR.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I have several friends with the HMR and Pappabear has one of their chassis guns. They can definitely shoot.

But thinking about it now, spending 1500-2000 bucks on a factory rifle is getting into the ballpark of just buying components and having a semi custom gun built. I can get an action pretty easy, get a barrel, and McMillan is right down the road from me. There is a local reloading and precision rifle shop that seems to always have their stocks available....
    I was going to say that a Big Horn or American Rifle Company action, and McMillan or Manners stock, and whatever barrel you want (first time I think I’ve heard an M40 called light), and you’re on your way.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Impact 737 barreled action with Trigger Tech trigger, stock/chassis of your choice. 3000-3800 total
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Impact 737 barreled action with Trigger Tech trigger, stock/chassis of your choice. 3000-3800 total
    yep. sell a box of primers on gunbroker and you can double your budget. https://www.stutevilleprecision.com/...ge/e1036-r0207 they're in stock. That's what i've been shooting past 3 years.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast