Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare Parts for Model '94 Winchester?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Spare Parts for Model '94 Winchester?

What spare parts should I procure for my new (to me) Model '94 Winchester?

Where can I find brass?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post

Where can I find brass?
    I cant help with spares, mine is not a high volume shooter and has not broken any parts in 40-ish years.

I assume you are looking for 30-30 brass? https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/75588

There are new cases available, have to search the web.

I got most of my 30-30 brass from the shooting range

Andy

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have marlin 1894’s
    Never broke a part, but I have spare ejector springs and hammer springs on hand. Might want a mag spring as well if it is a high volume shooter.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So, how much brass as you after? Once fired range pickups ok?

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just enough to load the primers and bullets I have. Got some inbound from Graf's. Thank you. Live on a farm so no range pick ups. Have some on backorder from Starline.
    Last edited by Submariner; 01-17-21 at 03:34.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you order a spare firing pin, determine if your Model 94 is pre-64 or post-64. You can research your serial number online to determine year of manufacture.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just enough to load the primers and bullets I have. Got some inbound from Graf's. Thank you. Live on a farm so no range pick ups. Have some on backorder from Starline.
    I really like reloading the 30-30, probably due to the connection with the past. Load data is out there for a huge range of powders, brass life is good if you don't get carried away resizing, and it uses less powder per round than the 30-06 or .45-70.

As I mentioned, I have had no issues with my Win 94, but I have broken 2 loading gates on my other lever guns. Of course, a set of screwdrivers or bits made for the 94's screws is a good investment.
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod25474.aspx

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-17-21 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    In addition to the items mentioned, I ordered a set of screws for both my old Marlins from Numerich after losing a front barrel band screw in the boonies of Central AZ. Wayne

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Where can I find brass?
    What caliber? 94's come in a variety of flavors, kind of like the AR.

I use Ranger Point Store, but I think they're more into aftermarket stuff. https://rangerpointstore.com/categor...rms-parts.html Also https://www.midwestgunworks.com/winc...-94/parts.html
    Last edited by Caduceus; 01-24-21 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    I have a early 70s prod. Mod 94 in 30-30 that’s been in the family since the late 70s.
    Never broke.
    In general, for spare parts a firing pin and extractor are a good idea for any rifle but a 94 doesn’t have any serious flaws or parts that are prone to break. Springs are good to have as they are a wear item but it’s gonna be a LONG time before that’s an issue.

I’m not a big ‘lever gun’ guy but as a young lad my dad and I reloaded a lot of .44spl & 30-30 with cheap bullets we cast ourselves, back when tire shops would GIVE away free wheel weight lead. Revolvers & lever guns are not picky when it comes to feeding and I came to appreciate the practicality of a tube fed lever gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast