Thread: M-BUS Sights on Dedicated 22 LR Upper

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

M-BUS Sights on Dedicated 22 LR Upper

The MagPul M-BUS (polymer) sights have generally been rated as adequate back up sights here and other places.

What about using M-BUS front and rear sights as the "primary" sights on a dedicated 22 LR upper? Front sight mounted on a FF rail.

Should they be adequate for an Appleseed shoot and introducing shooters to "iron" sights?

I have a set of sights and a dedicated 22 LR that I hope to test with this weekend, but am curious whether its even worth trying.

Andy

P.S. The Appleseed example was just that - an example. As pointed out below, iron sights are not an Appleseed requirement.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-14-21 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    Even on my 22 ARs, I don't use MBus. If I buy BUIS, I'll get the Magpul Pros. I thought Appleseed allows for scopes as well.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The MagPul M-BUS (polymer) sights have generally been rated as adequate back up sights here and other places.

What about using M-BUS front and rear sights as the "primary" sights on a dedicated 22 LR upper? Front sight mounted on a FF rail.

Should they be adequate for an Appleseed shoot and introducing shooters to "iron" sights?

I have a set of sights and a dedicated 22 LR that I hope to test with this weekend, but am curious whether its even worth trying.

Andy
    I know what Appleseed is but I have never had the desire to attend one. It is my understanding that distance to target is simulated. Smaller targets to simulate longer ranges but I don't know how far away the targets actually are. You may have problems sighting in if the targets are less than 25 yards away. BTW prepare to have your butt handed to you by a 9 year old girl shooting a 10/22!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I know what Appleseed is but I have never had the desire to attend one. It is my understanding that distance to target is simulated. Smaller targets to simulate longer ranges but I don't know how far away the targets actually are. You may have problems sighting in if the targets are less than 25 yards away. BTW prepare to have your butt handed to you by a 9 year old girl shooting a 10/22!!
    I also have not/don't plan to attend an Appleseed shoot. It was the best example use case I could come up with.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Have you seen the new MBUS? Believe they are Polymer but have been updated and have more of a MBUS Pro link to them.

Might want to look at those.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I also have not/don't plan to attend an Appleseed shoot. It was the best example use case I could come up with.
    10-4. The height of the sights above the bore will give you fits shooting small targets at unknown ranges.