Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
Do you disagree with the theory or do you not understand it?

I said “learn” but perhaps “fully comprehend" would have been better. There is a difference between remembering the words and fully comprehending the meaning. The theory is to use positive/do rather than negative/don’t for better comprehension, and I noticed the new rules do as well.
UHm, yes. Fully trained in neuromarketing techniques for over a decade on how to get people to remember and understand concepts and ideas.

It isn't so much the positive aspect as it is the always, always, always repeat that is catchy. You could go never, never, never and it does just as well. We've found that you can't even get cute with good, better, best because people can lose focus. And never more than three. Two points make a line and the third reinforces it.

But that doesn't really apply here. Owning and using a fire arm is a complex activity that you can't distill into three rules- AND the third rule is just wrong. If you want to keep their scheme and be useful, the last one should be "Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded." That is the major safety issue that seems to get people shot.

IF this is for kids, it is even worse. Always have an adult present when touching a fire arm- would be the prime thing to teach kids. If these are for kids, they are teaching the wrong things, if they are for adults they are not complex enough. I taught my son the way I did because it progresses from approaching a gun, to handling a gun, to shooting at the target. it's a 'story' that progresses. That is how you get people to remember. Frankly, I don' think that most people break the 'rules' because of ignorance, it's because they don't care.

Doesn't matter, NRA is bankrupt.