Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Put on your tinfoil, you're gonna need it (ammo shortages not adding up)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I already said I would. I didn't mention in the listing that dreadlocks were a deal killer, so I guess that's on me. Can't back out on my word because of a feeling. Would be different he had said or done something but he didn't.

I don't know man. For anything gun related if i get a weird vibe I cancel the deal. If you look like a piece of shit or sketchy I feel no obligation to sell to you. Lefty vibe with dreads = no sell for me.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    This is quite a bit different, and quite a bit more extreme, than 2013. Sorry, it's just not adding up. People are supposedly buying millions of rounds of Tulammo at .95 cents a round, but nobody wants to pay a buck a round for honest to goodness M855 with sealed primers and the whole nine yards??? Especially considering they're going to try to reclassify it as AP in the next few months? Yea, that's not making any sense to me.
    You're forgetting the impact of Covid!

And 7 million new gun owners who got on board with zero ammo!

Riots freaked everyone out too and the rush was on!

I'd wager the internet forum is even more robust now as well and these ammo panic threads are ubiquitous on all gun forums.

Yes it's not like 2013 which was a more simple panic BUT was inflamed by the same nonsense!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thankfully mags are still pre panic prices. I just ordered some DSG Grey Teflon 30 rounders..10 for $98. Didn't need them, but theyll be trade/barter items in the future. Might even order more while gettin is good.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is quite a bit different, and quite a bit more extreme, than 2013. Sorry, it's just not adding up. People are supposedly buying millions of rounds of Tulammo at .95 cents a round, but nobody wants to pay a buck a round for honest to goodness M855 with sealed primers and the whole nine yards??? Especially considering they're going to try to reclassify it as AP in the next few months? Yea, that's not making any sense to me.

And I swear Magpul has a golden goose that shits pmags.
    But where is this being bought? On Armslist or a legit vendor? I'd rather pay $1/round from a vendor (and I can possibly throw in other stuff) vs saving 5 cents/$50 total from some private online sale

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    You're forgetting the impact of Covid!

And 7 million new gun owners who got on board with zero ammo!

Riots freaked everyone out too and the rush was on!

I'd wager the internet forum is even more robust now as well and these ammo panic threads are ubiquitous on all gun forums.

Yes it's not like 2013 which was a more simple panic BUT was inflamed by the same nonsense!
    That I totally believe. What I don't believe is that people are paying .95 cents a round for steel, but they won't pay that for real M855. Who's buying all this buck a round steel who won't pay a buck a round for M855???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's being bought nation wide

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    But where is this being bought? On Armslist or a legit vendor? I'd rather pay $1/round from a vendor (and I can possibly throw in other stuff) vs saving 5 cents/$50 total from some private online sale

If it were apples to apples, yea, I get that. But it's steel case vs. Lake City M855. I think pretty much everyone would go a little out of their way to get M855 for the same price as steel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it were apples to apples, yea, I get that. But it's steel case vs. Lake City M855. I think pretty much everyone would go a little out of their way to get M855 for the same price as steel.
    But by your logic everything should be sold. Someone has to buy from someone. Ammo is being sold nationally. You're just one guy with 500 rounds.

And no, for $50 I would still buy from a trusted source. The overall savings aren't there to trust you.

Put it on GB and see what happens

Last edited by Arik; 01-15-21 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Damn, if I hadn't just had CC fraud for the umpteenth time (am waiting on a new card to arrive) I might have splurged for some of that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast