Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Put on your tinfoil, you're gonna need it (ammo shortages not adding up)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thankfully mags are still pre panic prices. I just ordered some DSG Grey Teflon 30 rounders..10 for $98. Didn't need them, but theyll be trade/barter items in the future. Might even order more while gettin is good.
    Yeah, I need more AR mags like a hole in my head, but picked up 10 just the other day.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    But by your logic everything should be sold. Someone has to buy from someone. Ammo is being sold nationally. You're just one guy with 500 rounds.

And no, for $50 I would still buy from a trusted source. The overall savings aren't there to trust you.

Put it on GB and see what happens

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    It would be more than 50 if what people are saying is true. Supposedly people here locally are paying 1.60 per green tip. Haven't been able to verify because I can't find it in stock anywhere. Closest I could find was Korean knock off green tip for, you guessed it, a buck a round on ammoseek.

When I posted it, I got a lot of messages saying, Oh that's a great price it will sell quick! So people definitely have this perception that ammo is being sold at very high prices, it just doesn't seem like we're the ones paying it.

Just saying it's rather suspicious considering the rumors about all these armed protests. You know, ammo we're supposedly buying that we're apparently not, protests we're supposedly planning and or attending, that we're most certainly not. I mean, just putting two and two together here.

Plus you have to ask yourself what kind of person pays .95 cents a round for Tulammo all day long. Maybe some soy boy with daddy soros's credit card who doesn't know any better and wouldn't care even if he did? Just sayin'...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    It would be more than 50 if what people are saying is true. Supposedly people here locally are paying 1.60 per green tip. Haven't been able to verify because I can't find it in stock anywhere. Closest I could find was Korean knock off green tip for, you guessed it, a buck a round on ammoseek.

When I posted it, I got a lot of messages saying, Oh that's a great price it will sell quick! So people definitely have this perception that ammo is being sold at very high prices, it just doesn't seem like we're the ones paying it.

Just saying it's rather suspicious considering the rumors about all these armed protests. You know, ammo we're supposedly buying that we're apparently not, protests we're supposedly planning and or attending, that we're most certainly not. I mean, just putting two and two together here.

Plus you have to ask yourself what kind of person pays .95 cents a round for Tulammo all day long. Maybe some soy boy with daddy soros's credit card who doesn't know any better and wouldn't care even if he did? Just sayin'...
    Supposedly or not, looking on GB just about every common caliber has dozens of bids and not for cheap, so obviously people are buying

I don't really care who's paying that for tulammo because honestly I don't understand people who pays anything over 50 cents for brass and I even have a hard time justifying that. Some people have money to burn and don't care. It doesn't have to be some soy boy with daddy's credit card. How about someone who's well off and spending several thousand or tens of thousands doesn't begin to put a dent in their finances? Or is that impossible?

But at the end of the day just because yours isn't sold doesn't mean anything at all. Screenshot_20210115-133647.jpgScreenshot_20210115-133618.jpg

Last edited by Arik; 01-15-21 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    I don`t know how it is in other areas , but in my small town , the LGS is Academy Sports . They ( so far ) aren`t gouging on firearms or ammo . The problem here is the new ammo shipment is gone shortly after the new shipment is on the shelves and is then being sold from a car trunk in the parking lot at highly inflated prices ..... $80/box for 9mm!!
    These guys get in line at 6:00am and buy up the whole new shipment as soon as it hits the shelves . Academy has a limit of 3 boxes per purchase , but what these guys do is pay people to stand in line and buy their 3 boxes and/or go back multiple times .
    There is literally no ammo available locally because of these vultures . I have a friend who is former LEO and he says there is nothing illegal about what they are doing , unfortunately , so if you have to have 9mm ..... $1.60/round here .
    I wouldn`t be surprised if this isn`t also happening in other places .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I still can't figure out why AR and hicap pistol magazines are pre panic price.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I see $.65 a round and less disappearing off Armslist. I see $.75 a round or more, going nowhere.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Supposedly or not, looking on GB just about every common caliber has dozens of bids and not for cheap, so obviously people are buying

I don't really care who's paying that for tulammo because honestly I don't understand people who pays anything over 50 cents for brass and I even have a hard time justifying that. Some people have money to burn and don't care. It doesn't have to be some soy boy with daddy's credit card. How about someone who's well off and spending several thousand or tens of thousands doesn't begin to put a dent in their finances? Or is that impossible?

But at the end of the day just because yours isn't sold doesn't mean anything at all. Screenshot_20210115-133647.jpgScreenshot_20210115-133618.jpg

Millionaires stockpiling guns and ammo?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Millionaires stockpiling guns and ammo?
    The good ones are planning to airdrop crates of it at our houses when the boogaloo really kicks off.

Feedback Score
    If OP sold ammo he has listed for his asking price, then perhaps he would believe in the ammo shortage.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I still can't figure out why AR and hicap pistol magazines are pre panic price.
    Because 7 AR and 3 pistol mags is plenty. The new gun owners are not buying guns to take classes and compete with...

Also, what good is having 30 AR mags and 40 rounds of ammo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast