Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a 20" pencil barrel & FSB - any reccomendations?

Feedback Score

20" Pencil Barrel

Try Green Mountain Barrels - I have two 20" 1:14 pencil barrels that can put an entire 20-round magazine of Federal XM193 into 1-1/2", but, you gotta do your own FSB. There is also Retro Rifles.com and www.m-16parts.com. I also picked up a mil-surp 1:7 barrel w/ FSB, delta ring assy, and nut for a crisp $100 at a local small-town/country gun shop. These days, you'd probably be lucky to find a beer barrel in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bread is People View Post
    Been off this forum for a looooong time, but glad to be back!!!

Down to business - I just picked up an old m16a1 parts kit & I'm in need of a 20" pencil profile barrel.
    I could go with a stripped barrel as the kit came with the FSB & have a gunsmith install it, but I'd rather get one that has the FSB installed from the factory.
    I know most places are currently out of stock on just about everything, but I dont know where to try to get one from.
    I was going to use retrorifles.com but they dont have very good reviews, they dont take phone calls & are out of stock.
    JSE surplus has the option for exactly the one I'm looking for, but it's out of stock too, but I can backorder it. Should I do this?
    I thought brownells had one of their own making, but I can't find it on thier website.
    Can't find one on gunbroker either, other than an original one for $850+.
    Also, I'm not too picky on the twist rate either.
    Lastly, I'd much prefer a phosphate finish over nitride & chrome plating is not a requirement either.

Can someone steer me in the right direction? Who have you guys dealt with successfully?
    I'm leaning towards back ordering the one on JSE.
    This one:
    https://www.jsesurplus.com/205.56Lig...elw/Tower.aspx

Feedback Score
    Found another possible supplier - https://www.tntesales.com/

They also have a somewhat questionable reputation, so I probably wouldn't order anything from them unless it is truly in stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread is People View Post
    Found another possible supplier - https://www.tntesales.com/

They also have a somewhat questionable reputation, so I probably wouldn't order anything from them unless it is truly in stock.
    I ordered a different barrel from them (a 1:7 twist, CL, 14.5" pencil barrel with perm-attached FH) and read about their reviews after I ordered. Story of my life, go figure. Assumed I was screwed. Nonetheless, to be fair they shipped it on exactly the three week mark they stated (actually 15 working days). So at least in my case they came through. This was back in September or October.

YMMV
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12