Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New unfired PSA 7.5” upper. Bolt sticks

Feedback Score

New unfired PSA 7.5” upper. Bolt sticks

I purchased a new 7.5” upper from PSA before I found a 11.5” BCM from G&R.(Thank you G&R) I can’t get the bolt to close on a round. Can push the assist and close the bolt, but then it’s stuck. Also bought a new BCM ar15 pistol lower from G&R, which is the lower this is for. All good with the bcm 11.5 and the lower. Tried changing the PSA bcg over to the bcm bcg, also tried different charging handles. Still sticks and then when I assist it closed it won’t cycle. It works with no rounds. I also did a bunch of complete racks to make sure it wasn’t just rough or sticky. I’m going to email PSA but what do you guys think before I do? I’ve assembled a couple AR’s but never used PSA except for a stripped lower. Only use Daniel and BCM for my uppers. P.S. I didn’t shoot it yet
    Last edited by Seagunner; 01-14-21 at 23:44.
    Navy Vet 83-91
    NRA Life member

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sounds like an out of spec chamber.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Don't do anything to it, contact PSA and have it fixed under warranty.

It used to be a policy here that you did not post about issues until the manufacturer or vendor had been notified and given an opportunity to correct the situation.

Andy

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Are these reloads? Or in spec factory rounds?

Could be out of spec chsmber. But before we rule that the culprit you need to clean the snot out of the chamber. The factory packing grease could still be caked on the chamber walls. Think of it as if you are removing dried on glue. Get a chamber brush or bore brush that fits snug in the chamber and a single section of a three piece cleaning rod. Use a drill to spin the rod and brush inside the chamber for a few seconds. Then clean the chamber and barrel all over again. See if a round will go into and come out of battery easily. Repeat if it got better but not perfect yet. Last resort would be to lap-polish it with some 2000 grit sand paper wrapped around a SG cleaning rod. You may want to contact PSA before doing that though and see how to go about replacing for a different one.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Tried 3 different rounds. 3 manufacturers
    Last edited by Seagunner; 01-15-21 at 01:45.
    Navy Vet 83-91
    NRA Life member

Feedback Score
    You could degrease the BCG and chamber then use a colored sharpie or something similar to coat the lugs on the bolt then try to close the chamber.
    It should show you if the chamber has something on it preventing the bolt to seat.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used a .30 / .38 caliber mop with a drill, rod, and Flitz. Perhaps 6-8 sessions of 45-60 seconds duration per session. Reapply Flitz as needed. Clean well afterward. Does a very nice smoothing job. Polishing was never the goal.

Feedback Score
    The bolt seats on an empty chamber, but not on a round. Either the chamber is out of spec or the ammo is. Since you've tried 3 different brands of ammo, that leaves the chamber. If polishing and cleaning the hell out of it doesn't fix it, contact PSA.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just return it and get your money back.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Just return it and get your money back.
    This, return it to PSA and either have it repaired under warranty or your money refunded. It's not like you bought from AndyzGunz at the swap meet, PSA has decent warranty service.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast