Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero Precision M4E1 complete upper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Aero Precision M4E1 complete upper

Hello,

Local gun shop has one for $479 less BCG and charging handle. It is an MLOK rail 16 inch barrel.

Usually I get BCM but they are out of stock...

This is for a back up AR, something more for the range.amy pros or cons?

Thanks for the comments

Feedback Score
    I'm a noob, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but I'm pretty happy with my M4E1 complete lower and stripped upper that I bought. Quality seems very good on the receivers.

One issue I did run into is that the M4E1 upper doesn't fit in a standard vise block, so if you plan on doing any work to it you might need to get a reaction rod or modify a vise block (avoid this option if possible) to fit it - not sure if anyone makes one that is compatible.

Our local shop sells a TON of Aero Precision and the feedback on their FB page is very positive.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You'll be fine. In 2020, I assembled 8 carbines on M4E1 complete receiver sets. No issues with the upper or lower in the usual checks that are issues for some manufacturers (upper index pin slot/feedramp alignment, buffer retaining pin, tight magwell, etc).

Some of the Aero Atlas rails are a little thin for my taste, especially if you're bolting things like IR lasers out front that need to stay zero'd. But probably a non-issue for you.

If it's in stock and you have the money, no reason not to.
    Last edited by munch520; 01-15-21 at 07:50.

Feedback Score
    I used an Aero 16” mid length upper on my last 5.56 build, it’s performed flawlessly. It seems to be smoother than my BCM with a carbine length gas system and it’s every bit as accurate. I would use Aero again without hesitation.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you see it and you want it you better get it. You’ll kick yourself if you don’t and it isn’t available when you go to purchase.
    Aero is gtg.
    Quality complete uppers with bcg and CH are in the $700-$800 range. So I don’t see that full upper sans guts being overpriced.

Do you have a bcg and ch on hand for it?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Not a bad deal in today's climate. I like the M4E1 receiver sets and have used them for builds. I usually use other components to finish off the guns as i dont love their rails or lower parts (kits/buffer tube) but they are decent quality overall

They own and use Ballistic Advantage barrels which are overall pretty accurate and decent quality. Def a step up from the psa, anderson, etc..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I usually use other components to finish off the guns as i dont love their rails or lower parts (kits/buffer tube) but they are decent quality overall
    Not to derail the OP's thread too far, but can you expand a bit on your comment on their lower parts kit?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    If you see it and you want it you better get it. You’ll kick yourself if you don’t and it isn’t available when you go to purchase.
    Aero is gtg.
    Quality complete uppers with bcg and CH are in the $700-$800 range. So I don’t see that full upper sans guts being overpriced.

Do you have a bcg and ch on hand for it?
    No BCG or Ch, but they have them in stock at the shop...$130 for phosphate BCG

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressingonward View Post
    Not to derail the OP's thread too far, but can you expand a bit on your comment on their lower parts kit?
    I have had an out of spec bolt catch and out of spec takedown pins on kits i have used. I am sure they are ok for the most part, but there are really good options that are not much more money these days, so i just choose to go with known quality. Not sure if any MIM stuff in Aero kits, but i know for a fact a blaster kit from SOLGW or a builder kit from Sionics is all Schmid tool parts and high quality. I can get these w/o grip/trigger for $29.99-$40 depending on a sale and that is all i use now. Worth the extra couple bucks for piece of mind IMO

I am not saying Aero is terrible-in most cases prob fine for most people, i am just saying there are better options for not much more money and i dont use them anymore

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I have had an out of spec bolt catch and out of spec takedown pins on kits i have used. I am sure they are ok for the most part, but there are really good options that are not much more money these days, so i just choose to go with known quality. Not sure if any MIM stuff in Aero kits, but i know for a fact a blaster kit from SOLGW or a builder kit from Sionics is all Schmid tool parts and high quality. I can get these w/o grip/trigger for $29.99-$40 depending on a sale and that is all i use now. Worth the extra couple bucks for piece of mind IMO

I am not saying Aero is terrible-in most cases prob fine for most people, i am just saying there are better options for not much more money and i dont use them anymore
    Pm me if you have a good source for those LPKs....

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast