Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first aid kit

Feedback Score
    Thanks for asking question

There are some First Aid Toolkit which are useful anytime when you occured any hazards.
    2 absorbent compress dressings
    25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes), also found within our Family First Aid Kit
    1 adhesive cloth tape
    5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)

Feedback Score
    I'm glad you started this thread, I am working on my own kits right now and am looking for multiple kits for multiple uses.

IFAK - I want one for my plate carrier. Several options available and am narrowing them down.

BooBoo kit - Again for my plate carrier. I don't want to dig apart an IFAK to get a bandaid or tylenol. I want the common stuff in it's own pack I want the IFAK for trauma care. Also prevent overloading the IFAK and cluttering it. This will be placed for easier access and to treat 1-4 people.

General First aid kit - This will be for my day pack for hiking or camping treatment of 1-4 people. Typical first aid supplies with the addition of some sever bleeding treatment and possibly fracture care.

I don't know the quality of the pack, by MyMedic has some kits that seem to fit the bill well. Though first aid and boo boo kits seem to be better to find a nice pack and stock it yourself. Most have what you need, but low quantities.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihocky2 View Post
    I'm glad you started this thread, I am working on my own kits right now and am looking for multiple kits for multiple uses.

IFAK - I want one for my plate carrier. Several options available and am narrowing them down.

BooBoo kit - Again for my plate carrier. I don't want to dig apart an IFAK to get a bandaid or tylenol. I want the common stuff in it's own pack I want the IFAK for trauma care. Also prevent overloading the IFAK and cluttering it. This will be placed for easier access and to treat 1-4 people.

General First aid kit - This will be for my day pack for hiking or camping treatment of 1-4 people. Typical first aid supplies with the addition of some sever bleeding treatment and possibly fracture care.

I don't know the quality of the pack, by MyMedic has some kits that seem to fit the bill well. Though first aid and boo boo kits seem to be better to find a nice pack and stock it yourself. Most have what you need, but low quantities.
    For the non-IFAK, look at Adventure Medical Products (disclaimer: I do not work for them, sell their stuff, or get money from them). They have the best kits from one-person booboo to multi-person, multi-week back country kits.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihocky2 View Post

For the non-IFAK, look at Adventure Medical Products (disclaimer: I do not work for them, sell their stuff, or get money from them). They have the best kits from one-person booboo to multi-person, multi-week back country kits.

Feedback Score
    I have heard the IFAK is meant for use on yourself....by yourself or someone else using it on you. Understanding it could be used for/on someone else.
    Do you carry 2 IFAK or an additional goody bag just in case?
    Makes sense to have for yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12