Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first aid kit

Feedback Score

first aid kit

I need to make up a good first aid kit.
    What should be put in it and where is a good place to get the supplies?
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Multiple people or self aid?

If it's for an IFAK: Tourniquet, Israeli bandage, 2 rolls of gaze 1 minimum, chest seal(s). Compression needle would be ideal "IF" you know how to use it.

Feedback Score
    small group 2-4
    I did read the sticky post, Kit Recommendations. That post started twelve years ago; last post was coming up on ten years. I thought that it was time to ask for an update.
    Last edited by RMC51; 01-15-21 at 23:55.
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use North American Rescue, Tactical Medical Solutions, and Chinook Medical for my supplies.

As far as a list of supplies, I like the Oales bandage from Tactical Medical, the CAT tourniquet, Bear Claw nitrile gloves, & Hyfin chest seal from NA Rescue, & Quick Clot Combat Gauze from whomever.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    I use North American Rescue, Tactical Medical Solutions, and Chinook Medical for my supplies.

As far as a list of supplies, I like the Oales bandage from Tactical Medical, the CAT tourniquet, Bear Claw nitrile gloves, & Hyfin chest seal from NA Rescue, & Quick Clot Combat Gauze from whomever.
    Thanks, I will check them out
    RMC51
    Florida Keys
    Always Look Behind

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The above are IFAKs. Do you want an IFAK, or a first aid kit? They are not synonymous. IFAK is for you, for people to use on you, specific to trauma. NARP and TMS.

General first aid, Adventure Medical Kits. Can get them for one person all the way up to 'expedition' kits for multiple people for several weeks and everything in between.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's some reliable sources already listed and I'll add Rescue Essentials. It might help if you specified how this kit will be used (house, car, club, wilderness, etc.). Is this an all purpose kit to cover everything from headaches and boo boos to massive trauma? Bleeder kit?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    There's some reliable sources already listed and I'll add Rescue Essentials. It might help if you specified how this kit will be used (house, car, club, wilderness, etc.). Is this an all purpose kit to cover everything from headaches and boo boos to massive trauma? Bleeder kit?
    The questions to ask. Like everything else, mission drives gear. I want to kick a puppy when all people want to recommend--across the board, for everything--is an "IFAK."

The last time I actually used an IFAK for which it is designed when when I was deployed. But first aid kits? I use them a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    The questions to ask. Like everything else, mission drives gear. I want to kick a puppy when all people want to recommend--across the board, for everything--is an "IFAK."

The last time I actually used an IFAK for which it is designed when when I was deployed. But first aid kits? I use them a lot.
    For what it’s worth, I agree.

A regular first aid kid with bandaids and antibiotic ointment will get used far more than an IFAK.

...have an IFAK too, ideally an IFAK for each individual, of course.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-21-21 at 20:45.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

Exactly,

I always ask people: Where are you going? What will you be doing? How many people are going with you? How far away from a Level 1 Trauma Center will you be? And what skills do you have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast