Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Merican pilot shoots down Japanese plane with his 1911...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

'Merican pilot shoots down Japanese plane with his 1911...

WWII is so full of astounding stories. Pilot shot down a Japanese fighter plane with his 1911:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    The ship on which my father served, USS Chilton, was struck by a kamikaze plane. He told me he watched it as it happened and if he’d been carrying an M1 rifle at the time he could have easily shot it. The damage from the plane was limited.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    The ship on which my father served, USS Chilton, was struck by a kamikaze plane. He told me he watched it as it happened and if he’d been carrying an M1 rifle at the time he could have easily shot it. The damage from the plane was limited.
    My Uncle John did A.A. gunnery on the Saratoga.
    My Dad had a Japanese Engineer from Hitachi over for a BBQ. My Uncle John showed up unexpected, as he comes in the door he sees Mr Hagiwara and his face turned pale as he turned and left.
    My Grandmother told me about what he went through, wave after wave of kamikaze's, burning wreckage sliding across the deck.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Pilot shot down a Japanese fighter plane with his 1911
    "TwO WoRlD WaRs!1!1!" 1911 gang activate!
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Mitsubishi A6M Zero/Top speed
    351 mph
    Yeah Im calling BS on this story. Do you really think someone is hitting a man sized target even if the plane is going half that speed.

4 shots? Seriously. You would be lucky to get off 1 shot. Ever stand on the side of a freeway as cars passed? A WWII fighter is easily doing 3x that speed.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-15-21 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yeah Im calling BS on this story. Do you really think someone is hitting a man sized target even if the plane is going half that speed.

4 shots? Seriously. You would be lucky to get off 1 shot. Ever stand on the side of a freeway as cars passed? A WWII fighter is easily doing 3x that speed.
    It also had a very low stalling speed of below 60 knots
    (69 mph)
    Def plausible, especially if pilot was traveling head on...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

Going slowly, straight at you, canopy open, it's a one in a million shot, but they happen.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think it’s a great story. The 1911 will live on forever. Find me stories like this about a Glock LOL.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Going slowly, straight at you, canopy open, it's a one in a million shot, but they happen.
    You realize nothing in that story makes no logical sense. If he was going straight at him why not just shoot him to make sure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast